Latest Public Affairs News & Articles
Public Relations Account Manager
Account Manager, Public Relations
We are looking for a passionate and dedicated Account Manager to join us at Virgo PR. You will be able to think creatively, understand the relevancy of your industry, and consistently push boundaries. You will be interacting with media of all forms (print, digital, broadcast) as well as collaborate with your clients in a stimulating environment. The candidate will have a minimum of 5 years of PR agency experience.
- Act as a mentor to junior staff and oversee admin documents (agendas, recaps, etc.).
- Participate in brainstorming sessions to develop strategic/creative thinking for clients.
- Work collaboratively with team members to develop and implement successful PR campaigns.
- Flexibility performing day-to-day tasks (i.e. ability to quickly change from project to project).
- Understand how to manage workload and communicate workload to supervisor.
- Recognize goals behind media strategy as well as how to meet those goals.
- Misc. research, duties, and projects as required.
- Draft and service pitch letters, press releases, and media alerts.
- Create targeted media lists for various channels.
- Distribute press releases to targeted media outlets.
- Bring in volume of media on accounts and proactively pitch to targeted outlets for various channels.
- Write and edit media materials such as media alerts, fact sheets, and bios.
- Analyze media coverage of competitors and make strategic recommendations to clients and team.
- Daily interactions with various media outlets to discuss upcoming story ideas.
- Attend and facilitate media interviews: network with reporters and editors.
- Conduct media monitoring to see what is relevant to clients in respective industries.
- Daily client interaction to update, report on, and discuss media relations.
- Respond in a timely and professional manner to client requests or needs.
- Identify trends and opportunities for clients on an ongoing basis.
- Be able to communicate effectively in all written and verbal reports.
- Contribute ideas to client plans and strategy documents
- B.S/B.A in Public Relations or related fields
- At least 5 years of PR agency experience.
- Ability to handle multiple accounts simultaneously.
- Excellent written and verbal skills.
- Creative and energetic personality.
Job posted: 2022-07-13