Latest Public Affairs News & Articles
Public Relations Account Supervisor
JConnelly is a pioneer in the evolution of how companies and individuals communicate, connect and engage. We build, grow and protect premier brands, mitigate and manage crisis, and influence change. Our clients value our expertise, access, and most importantly, our passion for service and results.
Our work and firm have been recognized by AVA Digital Awards, Telly Awards, Gramercy Institute, PRSA Pyramid Awards, Bulldog Stars of PR, MarCom Awards and more.
Our people make JConnelly great. We provide a work environment that encourages collaboration, creative thinking, and the ability for individuals to do their best work while enjoying and prioritizing other aspects of their lives. It’s why we’ve been recognized as a Best Place to Work since 2011. We have offices in NYC, Parsippany, NJ, and Chicago!
Here’s What You’ll Be Doing
The Account Supervisor will be responsible for the development of messaging platforms with narrative pillars, editorial, and other creative content for JConnelly and assigned clients. The AS will manage a small team of direct reports.
Here are the specifics:
- Accountable for their team’s performance, ensuring quality work, client engagement and retention under the supervision of their team’s leadership team
- Collaborates on managing client budgets with their manager while balancing appropriate service levels vs. client deliverables and expectations
- Delegates tasks and manages the performance of the Account Coordinators, Account Executives, and interns
- Independently leads and serves as main point of contact for assigned client relationships within the team’s purview
- Develops and maintains relationships with various media outlets to identify and secure an array of media placements.
- Client facing leader responsible for overseeing engagement and objective success to ensure that all client projects are on target, on budget with the appropriate service levels, and meeting client’s deliverables and expectations
- Manages, coaches, and evaluates a team of 1-2 members to ensure that team members professionally develop and drive the greatest results for clients by using the best, most effective practices in the communications field
- Creates and secures impactful, appropriate-level print, broadcast and digital media placements with the frequency, size and reach necessary to accomplish the client’s strategic business objectives
- Contribute to the creation and development of client strategy plans and tactical executions using specialized integrated communications campaigns that can reach across paid, earned, owned and shared communications and marketing channels
- Supports client leaders with the coordination and preparation of both internal and external talking points, messaging, briefing materials and training as required
- Assists in coordinating appropriate communication counsel and response in the event of an issue, crisis or emergency by the client with the support of firm’s issue/crisis experts
- Acts as a steward of the JConnelly brand, consistently representing and reflecting the Company’s core values, approach and high standards of excellence in all client, media and public interactions
- Performs other duties as assigned
What you should have:
- Minimum 5-7 years successful industry-related experience with an emphasis on managing client relationships
- 6 months to 1 year supervisory experience required, preferably in an agency or multiple client support setting
- Proven capability in proactively determining client requirements, developing new ideas, and recommending appropriate strategies and initiatives.
- Knowledge and experience in current integrated and digital communications strategy and tactics
- A tested communicator with strong verbal and written communication skills
- Solid understanding of media relations, social media and content development for use in external, internal and paid communications needed to deliver and amplify thoughtful and engaging communications to various segmented audiences in today’s fragmented, multi-media communications environment
- Demonstrated ability to organize/prioritize work, handle details accurately, follow up with minimum supervision, and complete tasks within specified deadlines
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, problem-solving and customer service skills
- Proficiency with various software applications including the full Office suite, cloud-based project/task management platforms like Monday.com and the most-frequently used public social media channels such as Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook etc
- Proficiency in PR related software including but not limited to Cision and Meltwater, , etc.
- Experience with content design services platforms such as Canva and Adobe In-Design are a plus
- Work hard and play harder with our flexible and casual culture. Take a break from work and join an employee event, or enjoy the amenities and games provided at one our office locations.
- Take care of health with enrollment into one of our competitive medical coverage options + we offer dental and vision coverage options, Life Insurance and Disability Insurance.
- We encourage you to plan your future with our 401k program and our Employee Stock Ownership Program.
- Never stop learning. We offer free access to online training courses.
- We offer a competitive package of time off which includes – PTO, Sick and VTO days. Recharge, refuel and take the time you need, when you need it.
- Earn bonus’ via our Client Referral and Employee Referral Programs. Refer and earn – tap your network for net-worth.
- Planning a vacation? Looking for car insurance? Get access to LifeMart for discounts on anything from travel to electronics. With so many offerings the savings are endless!
- Be a part of a company who strives to support for diversity and inclusion in the workplace. Celebrate culture, share knowledge with co-workers from around the US, and inspire each other through our differences.
- JConnelly is passionate about creating an inclusive workplace that promotes and values diversity. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. JConnelly does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status or any other protected status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please do not hesitate to let us know.
JConnelly is passionate about creating an inclusive workplace that promotes and values diversity. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. JConnelly does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status or any other protected status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please do not hesitate to let us know.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2022-10-29