Latest Public Affairs News & Articles
Public Relations Account Supervisor, Food & Beverage
Who we are:
bread & Butter is a full-service communications agency with a fondness for all things food, drink and travel. We are a collaborative group of dreamers and do-ers. We combine intimate local knowledge with an extensive national network to craft clever and multidisciplinary communications campaigns tailored to our clients’ needs. We only partner with inventive businesses that inspire us and continually challenge us to think big, but act small.
Why bread & Butter:
We are Southerners at heart, always saying, “Please” and “Thank You,” and hustlers by trade. We believe everyone deserves a seat at the table and practice what we preach to ensure the spirit of hospitality runs through everything we do. We’re not a company that wastes time—not yours, not ours. We are not too busy to talk, come by or think of new ways to increase long-term brand awareness. For us, there is little difference between work and pleasure because our work is our pleasure.
We’re Looking at You!
An Account Supervisor with bread & Butter is a media ninja, ball juggler, task master, industry insider and has a proven background working with top talent in hospitality. You serve as the talent authority, acting as a mentor and inspiration to junior team members while nimbly managing up to your leaders. You listen to your clients, can shift course midstream, are resourceful and can help guide your team to get from A to Z. You read everything from the New York Times to Us Weekly and like to go big – because going home isn’t an option. You’re working to be a problem solver and you value the relationships you’re building with media and industry friends. An Account Supervisor for bread & Butter should be fast-moving, a strong writer, possess an almost obsessive attention to detail, have an eye on the prize and, most importantly, is excited about what bread & Butter is and what it will be.
An Account Supervisor for bread & Butter is responsible for overall strategy for clients, overseeing and performing national media outreach and coverage, as well as managing account teams on a day-to-day basis. Account Supervisors will serve as liaisons between the Account Director and the account teams. Account Supervisors oversee the work of Senior/Account Executives and Assistant Account Executives and report to the Account Director.
Here’s What we Need:
- 5-6 years of hospitality and/or entertainment PR experience working with top chefs or high-profile restaurant groups, preferably with agency vs. in-house
- Possesses and knows how to build and maintain strong relationships with high-level regional and national print, online, and broadcast media important to clients.
- Appreciates the art of dotting I’s and crossing T’s. The devil is in the details.
- Media junkie – there’s no such thing as reading/watching too much. Bonus points for pop culture acumen.
- Leads teams by example, showcasing professionalism, punctuality and problem solving while maintaining a sense of humor.
- Has the ability to really dig deep into client goals to secure meaningful and impactful press placements that drive business and make b&B invaluable to our clients and to media.
- Enjoys crafting tailored, effective comprehensive media plans and pitches that are creative, thoughtful and help move clients toward their goals.
- Be the sounding board and resource for clients, leading the teams on calls, in meetings and knowing when to shift course to get back on track.
- Love of a fast-paced environment and the satisfaction of a busy yet productive day.
- Has experience in contract negotiations and logistics relating to promotional initiatives and activations, as well as collecting revenues, fees or other payments stipulated in contracts.
- Flexibility and a desire for endless possibilities. b&B is a dynamic, ever-evolving company that sees every color beyond black and white.
- Wants to brainstorm, strategize and develop creative partnerships and alliances that keep us ahead of the curve.
- Passion for networking, relationship building, helping with new business pitches, proposals and a general desire to win!
- A passion for cultivating talent and helping our teams grow. How can we be better?
- Excitement for growth, new ideas, new ways of doing things and a place you’re excited to call home. Say yes!
Benefits of Having Our Cake & Eating it Too
- We offer unlimited vacation, generous maternity, family planning and personal leave, hybrid work from home, Summer Fridays and time off for important events like birthdays and parent-teacher conferences.
- We offer 401k, new business bonuses and a generous employee referral program.
- We love celebrating, whether it’s Wine Wednesday or just Tuesday. We always enjoy an excuse to raise a glass.
- Learning something new is our jam. We try to say, “Yes!” and we’ll figure it out. We offer extensive training, opportunities to expand your skillset and the ability to work in any office across the country.
- We want you to be healthy – mentally, spiritually and physically. We offer generous medical, dental, and vision insurance, as well as the flexibility that comes with being a “little big” company.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2023-05-14