Latest Public Affairs News & Articles
Public Relations and Social Media Specialist
WGL Energy is a leader in competitive energy supply and environmentally friendly energy technology solutions for residential, government, and commercial, customers. For over 25 years, we’ve been providing competitive electricity and natural gas supply, renewable energy and carbon offsets to homeowners, small businesses and large enterprises across the Mid-Atlantic.
Reporting to the Director of Marketing, the Public Relations and Social Media Specialist will be responsible for building, maintaining and growing media and business relationships in support of WGL Energy’s brand mission. This position will be responsible for managing and executing public relations campaigns, developing and implementing social media strategies, and ensuring brand consistency across all communication channels. The ideal candidate is based in the Washington, DC area. If you are passionate about building relationships, crafting compelling content, and driving engagement on social media, we encourage you to apply for this exciting opportunity.
- Develop and execute public relations campaigns, including media outreach, press releases, and events.
- Manage social media accounts and develop social media strategies to increase brand awareness and engagement
- Write and edit content for social media, press releases, and other communication channels
- Monitor and analyze media coverage, social media engagement, and other metrics to measure the success of campaigns and adjust strategies as needed
- Identify and build relationships with key stakeholders, such as journalists, association contacts, and industry experts
- Ensure brand consistency across all communication channels
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams, including marketing and sales, to align messaging and achieve business goals
- Stay up to date with industry trends, social media platforms, and PR best practices
- 3 years of public relations and social media management
- Proven expertise in media outreach and placement
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Bachelor’s degree in public relations, communications, journalism, or a related field
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Familiarity with social media management tools, such as SEMrush and Sprout Social
- Knowledge of SEO and SEM best practices is a plus
- Familiarity with photo and video-editing software is a plus
WGL Energy is a leader in competitive energy supply and environmentally-friendly energy technology solutions for residential, government, commercial and industrial customers.
For over 20 years, we’ve been providing competitive electricity and natural gas supply, renewable energy and carbon offsets to homeowners, small businesses and large enterprises across the Mid-Atlantic. WGL Energy provides all your energy answers and, as part of the WGL family of companies, we benefit from nearly 170 years of leadership in the industry. The WGL family of companies are now indirect, wholly-owned subsidiaries of AltaGas Ltd.
Why work at AltaGas?
AltaGas is a North American energy infrastructure company with a focus on owning and operating assets that provide clean and affordable energy to our customers. AltaGas assets include Washington Gas/WGL, SEMCO, ENSTAR, and Petrogas. Our talented team, nearly 3,000 strong, leverages the strength of our assets and expertise along the energy value chain to connect customers with premier energy solutions – from the well sites of upstream producers to the doorsteps of homes and businesses to new markets around the world.
We deliver clean and affordable natural gas to approximately 1.6 million customers’ homes and businesses through regulated natural gas distribution utilities across five jurisdictions in the United States and two regulated natural gas storage utilities in the United States. Learn more about our team, vision, and strategy.
WGL is an EO employer – M/F/Vets/Disabled
For Canadian hires: AltaGas hires personnel on the basis of job-related qualifications. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to a person’s ancestry, place of origin, colour, ethnic origin, citizenship, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, record of offences, marital status, family status or disability or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
For U.S. hires: U.S. affiliates of AltaGas are committed to equal employment opportunity and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. We value and encourage diversity and solicit applications from all qualified applicants without regard to race, ethnicity, religion, gender, age, national origin, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, matriculation, physical or mental disabilities, political affiliation, genetic information, status as a protected veteran or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.
Job posted: 2023-05-14