Latest Public Affairs News & Articles
Public Relations Associate
Rational 360 is seeking to hire a Public Relations Associate to support several client accounts. Associates have experience in public relations, research, writing, digital media, media pitching, and have an interest in public affairs and American politics. Associates deliver timely new updates and analysis-media, legislation, and political stakeholder- and are able to develop a strong understanding of clients’ issues and businesses. Associates prepare key client documents, in particular press lists, stakeholder lists, play an active role in coordinating and implementing daily account activities, and often lead on research.
Associates should have a working knowledge of Washington, be eager to work in a fast-paced environment and be able to manage a diverse workload.
The firm is committed to high-quality, personal service and specialize in strategic public affairs communications, reputation management, business and consumer public relations, and interactive communications.
About Rational 360
The Rational Way
Rational 360 is a leading full-service strategic communications and digital agency, with offices and staff located across the country. We recognize that communications and public affairs rarely take place in a vacuum, and our work is always crafted using the best data analysis to support organization-wide strategic objectives for our clients.
From public relations and public affairs to crisis communications and new media strategy, our experienced team takes an innovative, active approach to advancing your mission-critical goals. We understand the unique opportunities and challenges of the 21st century media landscape and operate as an extension of your own communications and leadership teams.
The Rational Approach: Integrated Campaigns
We create custom campaigns that are integrated with communication, policy, or business goals an organization may have and we measure our campaigns on their ability to deliver outcomes and results. Our creative and relentless approach inspires hearts and minds, turns data into action, opens commercial markets, and drives impactful outcomes that win.
The Rational Difference: Connected Where it Matters.
Our bipartisan team members have worked at every level of business and government and our networks extend deep into the Halls of Congress, the White House, and Fortune 500 boardrooms across the country. We have the pulse of mission-critical conversations and implement campaigns when and where it matters most – and measure success at every point in the process.
- Monitor client news, often in real-time; alert internal teams and clients to key client issues
- Prepare reporter backgrounders and media lists.
- Perform competitive analyses of clients and peer groups; identify and analyze research and media coverage on industry trends.
- Effectively handle logistics around media and client meetings, announcement days, and other client events.
- Identify and assess media and visibility opportunities for clients.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
At Rational, we look to hire smart, ambitious individuals who are dedicated to learning and growth.
In addition to considering experience when reviewing talent, we look to see potential, strong work ethic, and excellent written and verbal communications skills. Standout candidates demonstrate the following:
- Strong interest in politics, legislative issues, and communication strategy
- Ability to operate effectively in an entrepreneurial, fast-paced environment
- Exceptional written and verbal communication ability
- Energetic team player with strong self-motivation
- Ability to think strategically and creatively, with strong problem-solving skills
- Strong attention to detail with the ability to multitask in high-pressure situations and manage multiple projects
- Ability to development and edit high quality written materials including press and marketing materials, fact sheets, talking points, and other essential internal/external communications
- Ability to exhibit discretion with confidential client matters
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office products and digital media tools
- Media relations experience with proven results and demonstrated experience working with and pitching to reporters is a plus
- 2+ years of communications, public relations, digital media or comparable job experience
- Bachelor’s Degree
Rational 360 offers competitive compensation including year-end bonuses and a 401K match for full time employees. Staff members are eligible for medical, dental, and vision insurance.
We offer employees paid time off, paid public holidays, paid family leave, sick leave, and a flexible work schedule around the holidays, including the office closing between Christmas and New Year’s Day.
We are currently in a hybrid return to office schedule where employees work in our Washington, DC office three (3) days a week. We plan to do a full return to office where employees are expected to work in office Monday to Thursday and have the option to work remotely on Fridays.
Additionally, employees can take up to two (2) additional weeks of remote workdays during the calendar year.
Rational 360 is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer.
Job posted: 2022-11-14