Public Relations Associate
Intrepid Museum is looking for a full-time Public Relations Associate who will be responsible for assisting in the development and coordination of publicity programs to support media objectives of institution’s programs, events and business goals. In addition, this role will coordinate media opportunities and manage digital platforms for the Senior Advisor for Space Programs.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Assist with coordination of the Museum’s day-to-day public relations activities with media and PR agency;
- Help develop and implement publicity-oriented media strategies to generate local, national and international press coverage to advance the Museum’s mission, exhibits, programs and executives;
- Respond to inquiries from the news media, including collecting relevant information and identifying appropriate spokespersons;
- Generate creative written content for a variety of Museum audiences and stakeholders;
- Proofreading, researching/fact checking, writing and editing copy conforming to the Museum’s mission, message and brand;
- Coordinate interviews with press;
- Manage on-site film shoots, interviews, and other media events;
- Draft press materials and media advisories;
- Cultivate working relationships with reporters at print, broadcast and online media outlets;
- Managing social media and web content for the Senior Advisor for Space Programs, and working with the Museum’s digital team to cross-promote content between platforms;
- Scheduling media events, speaking engagements and interviews for the Senior Advisor for Space Programs;
- Work with the Special Events team to provide counsel and on-site media management at 3rd party client events;
- Assist in planning, staffing and media coordination during the Museum’s major events, festivals, ceremonies and public programs;
- Assist with monitoring for relevant industry news and gathering Museum coverage and creating recaps, reports and summaries;
- Perform other duties as required by management.
Qualified candidates will have BA/BS degree in communications, marketing or related field. Must have 2-3 years relevant publicity experience, preferably in PR agency environment or at a cultural institution. Strong written and oral communication skills with strong event coordination and media relations skills. Demonstrated evidence of media outreach and placements with an ability to organize and manage multiple tasks. Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite a required. Ability to liaise with a variety of technical and operational personnel and strong organizational skills and the ability to meet deadlines. Ability to work independently, as well as in a team environment. Ability to work weekends, holidays, early mornings and evenings as necessary.
HOW TO APPLY
For consideration e-mail resume with salary requirements to: email@example.com.
Be sure to include the title of the position you are interested in and your salary requirements.
Job posted: 2021-04-21