Latest Public Affairs News & Articles
Public Relations Associate
J.P. Morgan Asset Management is one of the largest money managers in the world. We provide expertise in an exceptionally broad range of asset classes, from equity and fixed income investments to ETFs, multi-asset solutions and alternative investments. Benefiting from a long and well-established heritage, we serve clients nationwide, including brokers and financial intermediaries across all distribution channels. We target the media read by institutional investors, financial advisors and by individual investors.
This role focuses on strategic media relations for the Market Insights, Funds and ETF businesses in the U.S.
Our funds business in the U.S. includes over 120 investment products, portfolio managers, and the team of Market Insights strategists. Our Market Insights program is one of the leading thought leadership programs in the industry, widely followed by financial advisors. The market strategists behind this program, including Dr. David Kelly, are sought after by the media and maintain full press schedules alongside client engagements. Media targets include daily markets stories, daily TV opportunities, and investment features in newspapers across the country and financial trades.
Our ETF business offers 45 products with more than $81 billion in assets under management, ranking as a top ten ETF issuer in the and number one in net active flows across active ETFs in the U.S. for 2021. Generating media exposure for ETF business will be a critical component of the role, including providing communications support for product launches, business milestones and proactively seeking opportunities for profile pieces and inclusion in industry trend stories. The business requires proactive and creative communications support to maintain its aggressive growth trajectory.
- Plan, develop and implement PR strategies that advance our business themes. Track, measure and present effectiveness of strategies and results.
- Achieve high visibility in key trade publications and top tier mainstream media for our investment themes, products and thought pieces.
- Proactively identify and execute on press opportunities to support growth of ETF business.
- Create content for bylines and contributed pieces.
- Work with social media team to extend coverage to social outlets.
- Manage and develop productive relationships with asset management and investment beat reporters.
- Monitor, analyze and merchandise coverage internally.
- Represent Asset Management PR at internal business meetings and project-oriented subcommittees as well as interacting with industry groups and consultants on behalf of J.P. Morgan.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- 3-5 years experience working in PR, either agency or in-house, concentration in financial services and ETFs preferred.
- In-depth experience in all aspects of PR, from creating and presenting a strategy, to writing pitches, pitching, securing opportunities, managing interviews or events, monitoring and presenting results on a regular basis.
- Ability to proactively pursue and achieve a high level of press activity, working independently. Must be comfortable with measurement of press placements on an ongoing basis.
- Strong communication skills and ability to interact with and influence senior executives.
- Experience in handling crisis communications.
- Ability to create and sustain productive relationships with the media.
Location: New York. Main office 237 Park Avenue, New York, NY 10017. Frequent client meetings in midtown at 277 Park Avenue. Limited travel for industry conferences involved, 3-4 times a year.
JPMorgan Chase & Co., one of the oldest financial institutions, offers innovative financial solutions to millions of consumers, small businesses and many of the world’s most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under the J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Our history spans over 200 years and today we are a leader in investment banking, consumer and small business banking, commercial banking, financial transaction processing and asset management.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants’ and employees’ religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
The health and safety of our colleagues, candidates, clients and communities has been a top priority in light of the COVID-19 pandemic. JPMorgan Chase was awarded the “WELL Health-Safety Rating” for all of our 6,200 locations globally based on our operational policies, maintenance protocols, stakeholder engagement and emergency plans to address a post-COVID-19 environment.
As a part of our commitment to health and safety, we have implemented various COVID-related health and safety requirements for our workforce. Employees are expected to follow the Firm’s current COVID-19 or other infectious disease health and safety requirements, including local requirements. Requirements include sharing information including your vaccine card in the firm’s vaccine record tool, and may include mask wearing. Requirements may change in the future with the evolving public health landscape. JPMorgan Chase will consider accommodation requests as required by applicable law.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veterans
About the Team
J.P. Morgan Asset & Wealth Management delivers industry-leading investment management and private banking solutions with client assets of $4.1 trillion. Asset Management provides individuals, advisors and institutions with strategies and expertise that span the full spectrum of asset classes through our global network of investment professionals. Wealth Management helps individuals, families and foundations take a more intentional approach to their wealth or finances to better define, focus and realize their goals.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2022-09-14