Latest Public Affairs News & Articles
Public Relations Communication Manager- Marketing
Cedar Fair Entertainment has an opening for a Manager, Communications in its Marketing Division at Kings Dominion, the mid-Atlantic’s premier amusement park, in Doswell, Virginia.
The Manager of Communications is responsible for the strategic development and execution of integrated communication/marketing plans that support brand strategy and drive consumer demand. The role has direct responsibility for all aspects of public/media relations and digital marketing efforts as well as partnering with cross-discipline teams to develop and execute holistic marketing plans. This position plays an integral role in establishing the Kings Dominion brand in the marketplace.
- Manage development of integrated communication/marketing plans across disciplines that drive key annual business initiatives
- Lead all aspects of public/media relations and digital channels: social media, website, mobile app and email newsletter campaigns
- Manage full-time and seasonal teams ensuring all publicity and digital goals are attained
- Strategically plan by gathering insights and direction from various partners, to apply those insights to development and execution.
- Lead park content/editorial strategies to drive highly engaging content throughout Kings Dominions various marketing channels.
- Manage park creative development process to ensure brand guidelines are consistently communicated through all collateral, messages and content
- Develop strong relationships with relevant media contacts, bloggers and enthusiast groups.
- Proactively pitch media contacts as needed and create unique story angles to increase editorial coverage for Kings Dominion
- Lead development and execution of large-scale media events with coordination across multiple departments and external partners
- Serve as spokesperson for Kings Dominion to media outlets and other external organizations, as needed.
- Collaborate with external agencies in support of social, PR and blogger/enthusiast campaigns.
- Communicates consumer marketing campaigns, benefits and events to park-wide staff.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Communications, Marketing, Journalism, English Liberal Arts or related course of study, or equivalent work experience
- 4-6 years professional related experience in Communications, Public Relations, Journalism or relevant experience
- Proven history of managing communication for crisis situations
- Experience managing social media channels as well as planning and executing campaigns
- Experience in basic photography and photo editing, as well as shooting and editing/producing basic short videos for use on social media and digital platforms
- Ability to write interesting, effective and engaging copy including: press releases, blogs, website/social content and various speeches. As well as, news writing and editing experience; journalism and/or on-camera experience a plus
- Proven ability to develop local, regional, national and industry media relationships
- Experience developing and executing large-scale media events
- High degree of initiative, personal responsibility and professionalism. Demonstrated ability to work independently with minimum supervision and deliver against set goals
- Ability to make effective and persuasive presentations to top management and external organizations.
- Ability to respond to media and public inquiries which may include sensitive information.
- Experience in the entertainment, hospitality or travel & tourism industry a plus
- Ability to work nights, weekends and holiday periods to meet business needs
- Must have a valid driver’s license
Learn more here
Job posted: 2022-05-01