Latest Public Affairs News & Articles
Public Relations & Communications Director
The Education Fund, a nonprofit organization with a 35+ year history of helping students succeed, is looking for that dynamic person who loves everything about communications.
There is never a dull day as The Education Fund runs many campaigns, programs, and events to help our public schools and students thrive. You will be promoting various efforts:
1) a messaging/fundraising campaign where business volunteers see how many minutes they can last teaching in the classroom; 2) a program that ensures teachers share best practices for student success; 3) an initiative to get students on the road to college & careers; 4) a food festival, where the ‘celebrity chefs’ are high school students and 500+ business executives are the judges; 5) a first-in-the-nation effort to install and use Food Forests to improve student achievement; 6) an 11,000 sq. ft. warehouse where businesses donate their excess inventory and teachers shop for free for their classrooms, and 7) an event which brings art collectors, philanthropists and executives, together to support arts education while recognizing successful public school alumni. Sound interesting? Can you see yourself creating amazing communication pieces, engaging media, and using social media and other strategies to promote these programs and events?
- Develop and implement communication strategies to build audiences, brand awareness, and donor satisfaction
- Write & design a wide range of communication materials, including invitations, event program books, brochures, webpages, newsletters, etc. (see below re: graphic design responsibilities)
- Work with printers and other vendors as needed to produce communications materials
- Manage our website, ensuring a consistent appealing site with program managers updating their webpages
- Manage public/social media relations including supervising a contractor who creates press releases, does outreach to the media, etc. plus posts on our social media posts and channels
- Manage communications and photo and video files to ensure access to various items at all times
- Prepare detailed media and communications activity reports, especially for donors
- Work with different programs to support their efforts and/or generate new ideas and strategies
- Respond to communication-related issues in a timely manner.
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field and at least 7+ years of experience
- Experience leading the communications/branding/PR/marketing efforts of an organization
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills in English (Spanish not required but helpful)
- Intermediate/advanced skills in Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, PhotoShop, Indesign, etc.
- Ability to write and design brochures, webpages (no coding needed), invitations, awards booklets, etc.; Note: experience in obtaining graphic design services frugally can
- be substituted for intermediate graphic design skills
- Experience developing and implementing Branding, Marketing, Public Relations, and Social Social Media strategies
- Self-motivated, able to multitask, and works well under pressure
- Excellent organizational abilities with attention to detail while seeing the big picture
- Strong desire to work for a nonprofit organization that improves public education
- Vehicle required daily to attend various meetings and events, visit programming sites, etc.
- Ability to work evening events (6 to 8 times/year) and an all-day Saturday conference (1 per year).
This is a full-time position. Competitive compensation based on experience; robust benefits: health/dental/vision insurance, vacation/sick leave, 12+ holidays, a matched 403b, and more.
Please submit your resume with a cover letter, including in the cover letter your current salary and/or salary history and any salary expectations.
The Education Fund is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer and is a drug-free workplace.
TO APPLY: Please submit your resume AND salary history to HR@educationfund.org
Job posted: 2022-09-18