Public Relations & Communications Manager
Paro is hiring a Public Relations and Communications Manager. We strongly encourage candidates of all different backgrounds to apply. We are committed to building a supportive place for you to do the best and most rewarding work of your career. Paro embraces and celebrates diversity and inclusion every day.
We help growing companies gain confidence in their finances. Paro matches businesses with the highest vetted bookkeepers, accountants, financial analysts, and CFOs who provide remote, on-demand, hourly support when clients need it. We only accept 2% of applicants into our highly curated network of experts, so clients know they’re working with the best of the best.
Ultimately, our mission is to empower business professionals to pursue meaningful work on their own terms. We provide freelancers with a platform to grow and manage their book of business, along with tools to predict their future earnings.
Working at Paro
Join us as we build the future of work and make finding perfect-fit talent as simple as buying a product online. A mass migration to the freelance economy is already underway, and many leading analysts predict that 50% of the workforce will be freelancing by 2025. We are backed by Revolution Ventures, Sierra Ventures, FJ Labs, and other leading investors and angels, and we are on the path to disrupting the $500+bn antiquated finance/accounting industry.
We value taking smart risks and having each others’ backs. We welcome challenges, and we are rigorous in ensuring all voices are heard. We are open to understanding each other’s experiences and communicating effectively together. We work hard, but we also want every employee to enjoy the journey. We work collaboratively, do the right thing, never settle and put our best work into everything we do. We believe our teams deserve to be surrounded with others who can be their authentic selves at work while driving forward the future of work with Paro.
We are an equal opportunity employer and are committed to building a company that embraces and celebrates diversity and inclusion. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
What We’re Looking For
Paro is looking for a forward-leaning PR and comms expert to join the business as part of its marketing team. As a member of our lean team, this individual will work closely with Paro’s internal marketing team members, our external agency and other functional groups. This position is ultimately responsible for developing and executing a strategy to build and expand our business’ reputation as a disruptive start-up that is changing the Finance & Accounting industries.
They will be a strategic thinker, laying the foundation for ongoing annual PR and brand efforts while being organized and efficient enough to react and capitalize on opportunities that present themselves. Further, this individual will need to be a leader across the organization, supporting a cohesive story and identifying relevant touch points throughout the client lifecycle. Responsibilities will include:
- Set the strategy and goals for our PR efforts, coordinating with both our internal and external (agency) teams
- Develop Paro’s playbook for different PR efforts and communications, streamlining the organization’s ability to make the most of all opportunities
- Identify and pitching the right outlets to tell the Paro story and build recognition for the change our business is driving
- Build relationships across applicable industries and with members of the media
- Push Paro on a journey towards thought leadership, leading development of relevant articles and press releases; Work in conjunction with our SEO content efforts
- Participate in the evolution of our brand, particularly tone and voice, and its application across our website, collateral, messaging, etc.
- Support executive communication needs for both internal and external purposes
- Tackle the evolving list of needs not yet articulated above
- 5+ years of experience in public relations and communications roles
- Extremely strong writer and presenter
- Track record of success designing and executing pr/comms strategies that cultivate and grow an organization’s recognition and reputation
- Enthusiastic about the opportunity to be a spokesperson for the organization
- A strong interest in joining a start-up on its journey of disrupting legacy industries and business practices
- A desire to hustle and be nimble as our needs evolve alongside the evolving business itself
- A team player, but excited about having individual contributions and to tackle a growing area of opportunity for the business
- Strong network and relationships with media contacts is desired
- Knowledge of Finance and Accounting Industries is desired
Benefits at Paro
- Competitive salary + stock options
- Parental Leave
- Comprehensive benefits package offering including: Medical (BCBS), dental, vision insurance, 401(k), etc.
- Flexibility to work from the office or remotely (as needed)
- Unlimited PTO – we trust you
- Company Holidays-in recognition of 10+ federal holidays each year
- Unique Paro Holidays to rest & recharge for one day each month when there isn’t a company holiday (minimum time off)
- Great River North office location, steps away from public transportation
- Pet friendly office
- Casual office environment
Learn more here
Job posted: 2020-10-08