Latest Public Affairs News & Articles
Public Relations & Communications Specialist
*One position available, qualified candidate may work in the Mechanicsburg, Pennsylvania, Westminster, Maryland, Frederick, Maryland, or Bel Air, Maryland branch location.
*Hybrid schedule available.
Position Description: Telling the Farm Credit story and building brand awareness through promoting the Association’s mission to both internal and external audiences.
Areas of Responsibility include:
- Manages the Association’s community and media outreach efforts, including but not limited to press releases, media monitoring, article placements, and identifying/coordinating public relations and community outreach opportunities.
- Develops Association’s print publications including our Leader magazine and other external newsletters.
- Works with internal stakeholders to create and execute communications strategies for both internal and external audiences.
- Oversees the management of the Association’s social media channels.
- Works with marketing and sales to develop content for the website, social media, and other mediums, including blog articles, white papers, case studies, and other internal documents.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Journalism, Marketing, Communications, or equivalent area of study. An additional 5-7 years of experience required.
- Advanced word processing, spreadsheet, presentation, personal computer skills, as well as understanding marketing and effective sales and communication strategies.
- Experience in media relationship development and public relations strategy.
- Demonstrates detail orientation and adaptability.
- Ability to foster open communications; demonstrated listening and speaking skills.
- Analyzes issues and produces effective, practical decisions/solutions.
- Knowledge of the agriculture community and industry required.
Equal Opportunity Employer including veterans and individuals with disabilities.
Job posted: 2022-09-12