Public Relations and Communications Specialist – Tax
We have an exciting opportunity for a Public Relations and Communications Specialist in the Firm’s Tax Practice in the Washington, DC, New York, NY or Atlanta, GA office at Eversheds Sutherland (US) LLP. We are searching for someone who wants to be a valued contributor and member of a talented and dynamic team of lawyers, paralegals and staff.
The Public Relations and Communications Specialist will work in the Firm’s Tax Practice reporting to the Tax Practice Business Manager. This individual will lead and initiate the department’s communications including strategic planning, marketing campaigns, social media, PR strategy, legal alerts and newsletters, awards and rankings, communications training, event promotion, website content development/management, and various internal communications projects.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Leads and initiates tax practice communication strategy. Identifies issues of interest to clients and prospective clients and marshals firm and practice resources to execute communications campaigns that align with the practice’s business development goals and brand strategy, including coordinating publication and distribution of practice group content through client alerts, blogs, podcasts and other social media channels in coordination with the Firm’s Marketing team.
- Is the “Master of Tax Content” finding opportunities to reuse, save and collate marketing messages, tax issues and experience to support profile raising activities (PR, social media, alerts, directory submissions) and client development efforts (pitches, proposals and other business development efforts) alike.
- Drives key components (press releases, story development/pitching, message creation, etc.) of local and national media relations efforts for the Firm’s tax practice; conducts media training sessions on as-needed basis.
- Creates and maintains a steady stream of tax content to meet existing deadlines for various owned and earned media channels. Identifies new mediums and opportunities for publishing newly generated content streams.
- Meets with tax leadership, individual attorneys and practice groups on a regular basis to generate content and campaign-creation ideas and encourages effective social media practices (LinkedIn).
- Develops strong relationships with key media outlets/contacts.
- Identifies, maintains and tracks key awards and ranking opportunities and ensures timely completion of submission materials.
- Assists with business development communications, including the preparation of client proposals, RFP responses, brochures and other client facing collateral materials.
- Identifies and supports speaking and authorship opportunities with professional and trade organizations.
- Reports regularly on practice communication campaign efforts and results, both qualitatively and quantitatively.
- Evaluates viability of communication campaigns and platforms in an effort to right-size portfolio of channels and campaign efforts to maximize return on attorney time, investment and cost.
- Assists as needed with other tax department and firm wide events and projects.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- A Bachelor’s degree is required from an accredited college or university.
- Five plus years of public relations or related experience within a similarly sized law firm or professional services environment preferred. Must have experience crafting and executing corporate marketing communication strategies and tactics. Knowledge of tax issues and press is strongly preferred.
- Excellent written/verbal communication and project management skills.
- Takes initiative with internal clients and works in a fast-paced team environment.
- Able to manage multiple demands, priorities and deadlines. Attention to detail and excellent judgement. Good problem-solving skills and works well as part of a team.
- Creative and forward-thinking self-starter.
- Excellent organizational, computer, and interpersonal skills are required.
- Understands audience needs and be able to identify and creates content to meet those needs. Familiarity with SEO and other digital writing tactics.
- Able to understand and identify key performance indicators for communications campaigns and utilize those analytics to influence future strategy.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and Outlook, social media and content management platforms. InterAction preferred.
Eversheds Sutherland (US) LLP is committed to promoting diversity and inclusion within our Firm and in the larger legal profession. We believe that diverse skills, knowledge and viewpoints make us a stronger firm. Eversheds Sutherland (US) LLP maintains a policy of affording all employees and applicants equal employment opportunities without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression), national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital or familial status, domestic violence victim status, ancestry, amnesty, citizenship status, military and veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Unlawful discrimination, harassment and retaliation will not be tolerated in any of the Firm’s offices or any other work-related setting. Qualified individuals with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation in order to apply for a position or to enable them to perform the essential functions of a position for which they are otherwise qualified. EEO.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2020-09-01