Public Relations/Community Outreach Manager-01015994
YOU ARE… a public relations/community outreach professional with exceptional interpersonal skills who enjoys building relationships with a wide variety of community stakeholders, including media. You are a natural communicator who excels at outreach and collaboration, and you’re most effective when you feel a strong connection to the company you represent. You understand the importance of our work to the towns and communities where we operate, and you want to make sure we’re doing our part to help them thrive. You like to take initiative, make an impact and achieve tangible, measurable results, and you’re always seeking opportunities to learn, grow and challenge yourself. Above all, you’re excited at the prospect of learning our company story, and then finding ways to tell that story better to help Oregonians better understand what we do and how we do it.
WE ARE… a driven and versatile communications crew looking for someone to help us grow our presence and positive impact in Oregon. We’re dedicated professionals who love what we do and the company we do it for. We work together to tackle complex challenges and strive for excellence in everything we do. We are equal parts creativity, precision, adaptability and drive, and we strive to have fun every day. We focus on solving problems rather than finding them, and we try to listen more than we talk. We’re looking for a smart, flexible communicator to help us expand the scope and effectiveness of our work in communities across Oregon. Are you that person?
This position will be based in Oregon, reporting to the Communications Director, who is based in Seattle. The successful candidate will work with our business leaders and government affairs manager in Oregon, along with the rest of the communications team and other key leaders across the company.
- Lead the development and implementation of our on-the-ground strategy for building and strengthening relationships with stakeholders in our operating communities across Oregon
- Determine priority areas and opportunities for company engagement and support
- Represent Weyerhaeuser on key industry association committees
- Partner closely with government affairs manager in Oregon on emerging priorities and initiatives, as well as other key business leaders across the company
- Coordinate our media response and proactive outreach strategy in Oregon
- Develop and maintain close relationships with Weyerhaeuser employees based in Oregon (and throughout the company), including participation on various internal teams focused on external stakeholder engagement
- Work closely with corporate communications team on overall strategy and execution of company priorities, which may include support for projects with multi-state scope
- Partner with the communications team on content and strategy for social channels, including LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
- Serve as primary contact and vendor manager for any external resources needed
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, including experience developing and delivering presentations, and comfort speaking with a variety of stakeholders and audiences
- Minimum 7 – 10 years of communications/public relations experience (minimum 5 years in Oregon). That experience should include content production and demonstrated experience leading community outreach efforts
- Must be based in Oregon (specific location negotiable)
- Previous experience in forestry or related industry preferred
- Integrity, authenticity, humility, humor, good judgment, drive, flexibility, curiosity and great listening skills
- Bachelor’s Degree is required
- Please submit a cover letter, resume, and 1-2 of your best writing samples (issue letter, press release, speaking remarks, etc.)
We sustainably manage forests and manufacture products that make the world a better place. We’re serious about safety, driven to achieve excellence, and proud of what we do. With multiple business lines in locations across North America, we offer a range of exciting career opportunities for smart, talented people who are passionate about making a difference.
We know you have a choice in your career. We want you to choose us.
We believe trees are a remarkable resource that can and should be managed responsibly to make a range of products that meet human needs, while also providing recreation, wildlife habitat, and other important ecosystem benefits.
For more than a century, we’ve been taking care of forests to make life better.
Weyerhaeuser is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to taking affirmative action to employ and advance in employment women, minorities, qualified individuals with disabilities and protected veterans.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2021-03-21