Public Relations Coordinator
The Washington, DC office of the American College of Physicians (ACP) is looking to hire a Public Relations Coordinator. ACP, a national organization of internists, is the largest medical specialty organization and the second-largest physician group in the United States with 161,000 members worldwide.
The Public Relations Coordinator works with staff and management to assist in implementing public relations programs to support ACP and ACP’s advocacy and public policy efforts. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Helping to execute PR strategies, campaigns, and initiatives in accordance with media relations processes and social media guidelines
- Assisting in drafting communications materials related to ACP’s governmental affairs activities, including press releases and statements, Q & A documents, social media posts, etc.
- Assisting with the production and editing of the ACP Advocate bi-weekly newsletter
- Documenting PR activities and reporting on results
A bachelor’s degree in Public Relations, Journalism, Communications, or a related field. The successful candidate will have:
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and the ability to write and edit in various journalistic styles for a variety of audiences
- 1-2 years of relevant experience; social media and digital platform experience required
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work with all levels of staff and leadership and work in a team-based environment
- Attention to detail, organizational skills, and the ability to work independently and handle multiple projects simultaneously, adhering to strict deadlines and shifting priorities
Job posted: 2021-07-17