Public Relations Coordinator
Remote – US
We are looking for Public Relations Coordinator to review, identify and develop student stories for distribution to the news media; maintain student stories database; write press releases and pitch stories to the news media; and create and update media distribution lists.
This role will be a member of the UoPeople Office of Public Affairs and will partner closely with internal marketing teams to identify and promote student stories.
- Review student story submissions in CRM and identify stories for potential distribution to the news media.
- Lead and maintain student stories database.
- Conduct background research on potential student stories, interview students, and write compelling student profiles.
- Research and write press releases on new academic programs, partnerships, etc.
- Pitch student stories and press releases to targeted media.
- Create and maintain media distribution lists.
- Monitor relevant news coverage of higher education reporters and editors.
- Collaborate with members of the marketing team to identify potential student stories and share student profiles on social media and the university’s website.
- Provide research and writing support to the VP for Public Affairs.
- Other duties as assigned.
- 2-3 years of public relations or communications experience with a proven track record of media placements.
- Excellent research and writing skills.
- Familiarity with Associated Press style guide.
- Basic ability to work with CRM system.
- Must have a Bachelor’s degree
- Ability to work with university’s CRM to identify potential student stories.
- Ability to research and write compelling student stories and press releases.
- Ability to pitch stories to targeted news media.
- Ability to use database to create and maintain media distribution lists.
- Service driven, comfortable working with internal teams including marketing team.
- Ability to prioritize tasks and manage multiple deadlines in a fast-paced environment
HOW TO APPLY:
Send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Job posted: 2021-08-15