Public Relations / Digital Media Specialist
Cerrell is a Los Angeles-based public affairs/public relations firm. Founded in 1966, Cerrell has worked on some of the most consequential projects that have shaped the region. We help our clients improve equitable access to health care, education and social services, housing and mobility options, expand sensible development and enhance essential neighborhood services.
Cerrell is seeking a Public Relations and Digital Media Specialist to join our team of experienced, creative and innovative practitioners. The PR and Digital Media Specialist will help support a range of comprehensive strategic communications programs, establishing our clients as thought leaders at the forefronts of change and working on projects that strengthen and uplift communities.
The ideal candidate for this position has public relations experience, a strong digital and social media background and top-notch graphic design skills. Bilingual candidates are strongly encouraged to apply. Local candidates only.
- Bachelor’s degree
- 1-3 years of professional experience in digital/social media and graphic design
- Excellent written, presentation and verbal communication skills
- Mastery of Adobe InDesign, Photoshop and Canva
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team in a fast-paced environment
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects and priorities with minimal supervision
- Familiarity with Los Angeles and California issues and politics is a plus
Working as part of a team and reporting to the Vice President who manages Cerrell’s Public Relations and Crisis Communications practice area, the Public Relations and Digital Media Specialist will execute a range of activities on behalf of our clients and the firm. Specific duties include:
- Social media strategy and management for Cerrell and its clients
- Writing and designing collateral, including talking points, press releases, media kits, social media graphics, newsletters, fact sheets, reports, logos and style guides
- Storyboard conception and design
- Proposal development/design and new business opportunities for the agency
- Media pitching and story/interview coordination
- General account support, planning and strategy
The position is full-time and provides competitive salary commensurate with experience. Cerrell offers an excellent benefits package including medical, long-term disability, 401(k) plan with employer matching, performance bonuses and more.
We are an equal opportunity employer and consider all qualified applicants regardless of race, color, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, pregnancy, age over 40, physical or mental disability, veteran or military status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, registered domestic partner status or any other basis prohibited by applicable law. Cerrell will consider for employment qualified applicants with a criminal history consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
To apply, please submit all the following to email@example.com with the subject line:
“Re: PR and Digital Media Specialist”
- Resume + cover letter
- Writing sample
Graphic design and/or social media campaign example
Job posted: 2021-09-12