Public Relations Director
As PR Director, you will help support strategy, build campaigns, and land coverage that changes the way audiences think about our client, through rich storytelling and community engagement. This position will help strategize and run hyper-local campaigns, while managing a fast-moving environment to drive clients’ desired outcomes.
The Davis Elen team is looking for a high energy, marketing communications and PR professional with an unwavering focus on business outcomes to own the development of hyper local communications plans for a global QSR brand, at the franchisee level. The candidate will also support the execution of the national PR and marketing plans within the assigned geographies, to improve brand reputation, image and positioning, manage crisis, as well as to help build sales and drive transactions at the restaurant level.
Key stakeholders include local co-op franchisees, corporate field office staff and restaurant management within the assigned geographies.
Your Day-to-Day Snapshot:
- Support on-call crisis management needs, in collaboration with our corporate counterparts, specifically relating to media relations
- Manage development and execution of local PR plans (earned media/media relations, social media and influencer engagement, community activations including multicultural and non-profit support, and crisis/reputation management
- Specifically prioritizing the driving of traditional and nontraditional earned media and local story placements
- Provide best-in-class client services
- Build, communicate and present plans to clients and various stakeholders both remotely and in-person
- Act as an “ambassador” for the brand and agency internally and externally
In this Role, you Will:
- Maintain and strengthen the brand position in the assigned geography
- Build, communicate and execute PR plans that are aligned to support both the hyper-local and national goals
- Lead strategic planning, tactical development, execution, evaluation, and postmortem of local PR plans/resources to achieve annual co-op goals
- Track performance of co-op PR plan priorities weekly, monthly, etc. and facilitate appropriate adjustments
- Collaborate with field partners and key client stakeholders in the development of PR briefs and plans
Specifically, You are an Experienced Professional in the Following Areas:
- Managing a team of 2+ people on any given day
- Providing strategic and tactical counsel to clients and supervisors while leading/owning projects that demonstrate strategic planning and creative thinking
- Growing, managing, and maintaining relationships with key local media/influencers
- Developing, reviewing, pitching and placing relevant stories
- Building and presenting decks in a client-facing environment
- Developing and managing large budgets
- This position is remote but will require travel and in-office time on an as-needed basis. The candidate’s ideal location is in the Arlington, VA/ Washington D.C. areas, or Kansas City, MO
- Our team is growing and so is our business. This role will report directly to the SVP of PR and Communications, providing visibility and opportunities to other accounts, such as Toyota, Lively/Best Buy & Alkaline88, just to name a few.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Public Relations, Communications, Marketing or a related field, or a strong combination of education and experience
- 7-10 years public relations or marketing communications experience (preferably in the market you reside)
- Traditional PR experience (media relations, pitching, content writing, communications calendar development, etc.)
- Agency experience and in-house.corporate experience are both valuable
- QSR, CPG, or Retail client experience (franchise is a bonus)
- On-call crisis management experience with an understanding of how to act swiftly, remain calm and mitigate the damaging impacts
- Social media management experience (certification and/or CMS understanding a plus)
- Proficiency in all Google Suite (G-Suite) and Microsoft applications
- Potential travel of up to 50% (beginning Q3, 2021)
- May need to work more than 40 hours per week on occasion
- Ability to lift up to 25 lbs.
About Davis Elen Advertising:
Davis Elen is a full-service advertising agency headquartered in Downtown Los Angeles, with satellite offices across the country. Since our founding in 1948, we have been focused on creating the most impactful work for our clients.
Our philosophy has always been “just because it was a good idea yesterday, doesn’t mean it’s a good idea today.” This obsession with constant improvement and refinement has resulted in DE being ahead of the pack on several marketing and advertising trends.
For more information, email email@example.com
Job posted: 2021-07-25