Public Relations Director
Schwab’s Public Relations team is within the Corporate Communications department and handles external visibility for all of the various enterprises within Charles Schwab. The group’s primary objectives are to expand and deepen our relationships with media and other influencers; use multiple avenues to position Schwab positively in coordination with broader marketing efforts; and to showcase the firm’s innovations and advancements through proactive storytelling in owned and earned channels.
This director role will help drive media relations strategy and execution for Schwab Advisor Services, which custodies the assets of thousands of independent Registered Investment Advisors. In particular, this role will focus on counseling senior leaders, supporting integration efforts, and managing crises/issues management.
This role will also require persuasive and clear writing and will work closely with Corporate Communications counterparts to plan and coordinate programs that integrate social media, employee communications and events with public relations initiatives.
What you are good at
- You have relationships and experience working with advisor trade media and influencers
- You are confident and agile both pitching stories proactively and handling incoming inquiries
- You have a strong understanding of the financial services industry broadly with experience working in business-to-business communications
- You’re an experienced writer and creative storyteller who can spot opportunities and communicate them artfully and persuasively
- You work quickly and independently but are naturally reciprocal and comfortable routinely integrating with other communications fields
What you have
- 7-10 years in public relations, journalism, and/or corporate communications
- A combination of in-house and agency/consultancy experience, ideally some time spent working for or supporting large, sophisticated and regulated companies
- Results orientation with ability to develop and communicate big-picture vision and strategy and deliver results through practical, disciplined execution
- Inventive mentality and an orientation toward building and encouraging positive relationships inside and outside; highly reciprocal
- Strong influencing skills with experience navigating and aligning across organizational silos
- Outstanding communication skills, both written and verbal, as well as the ability to develop concise and effective communications tailored to specific audiences
- Confident in a dynamic and fast paced work environment
Why work for us?
Own Your Tomorrow embodies everything we do! We are committed to helping our employees ignite their potential and achieve their dreams. Our employees get to play a central role in reinventing a multi-trillion-dollar industry, creating a better, more modern way to build and manage wealth.
Benefits: A competitive and flexible package designed to empower you for today and tomorrow. We offer a competitive and flexible package designed to help you make the most of your life at work and at home—today and in the future. Explore further.
Schwab is committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace where everyone feels valued. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, our policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to any status that is protected by law. Please click here to see the policy.
Schwab is an affirmative action employer, focused on advancing women, racial and ethnic minorities, veterans, and individuals with disabilities in the workplace. If you have a disability and require reasonable accommodations in the application process, contact Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 800-275-1281.
TD Ameritrade, a subsidiary of Charles Schwab, is an Equal Opportunity Employer. At TD Ameritrade we believe People Matter. We value diversity and believe that it goes beyond all protected classes, thoughts, ideas, and perspectives.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2021-07-18