Public Relations and Event Management Specialist – Cyberworx
Aleut Aerospace Engineering is currently searching for a full-time Protocol, Public Relations, and Event Management Specialist to support AF CyberWorx, USAFA – Colorado Springs, CO
Located at the United States Air Force Academy (USAFA), Air Force (AF) CyberWorx is a public-private design center that melds military, academic, and industry expertise with state-of- the-art technology and innovative thinking to solve deep problems. As a human-centric design center, AF CyberWorx seeks ways to connect warfighters with creative and impactful solutions, leveraging both current and future technologies.
Provide Event Management and Communications Administrative Support for AF CyberWorx to include:
· Event Management
o Provide advisory and assistance support in coordinating AF CyberWorx events and activities
o Provide administrative support for recurring activities and singular events as required. These activities may include but are not limited to: data entry, daily transaction entry, and entry of public-release clearance records, drafting official correspondence, event coordination/planning, and maintaining official records in accordance with established policies.
o Provide support regarding daily events of the overall AF CyberWorx mission, coordinating the internal schedule within the AF CyberWorx office, and tracking and managing tasks
o Serve as the primary Point of Contact (POC) for Distinguished Visitor (DV) visits
o Provide administrative support for all Distinguished Visitor visits hosted by AF CyberWorx. Develop agendas with clear objectives and professional quality itinerary. Arrange for lodging, transportation, parking, and base access. Coordinate actions with base public affairs, base protocol, DF, donors, and vendors.
o Monitor and manage the AF CyberWorx organization event calendar
o Manage, edit, and update AF CyberWorx’s internal and external presence, to include calendars, special events, and social media applications to include: Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook, etc.
o Coordinate with the USAFA Public Affairs (PA) office, photo shop, and graphics as appropriate
o Serve as a primary liaison with PA, Communications (CM), Association of Graduates (AOG), and the Air Force Academy Foundation (formerly known as the Endowment) to attract media attention to completed, ongoing, and future projects
o Submit requests to proper USAFA mission elements for internal, external and strategic communications marketing for the AF CyberWorx Enterprise via all media formats: electronic, print, radio, television and in-person interview
o Collaborate with the organization’s intermediary partner(s) and AF CyberWorx representative(s) on media campaigns and brand messaging strategy
o Provide assistance to the creation of internal planning documents to include an AF CyberWorx Business Plan and Strategic Communications Plan
· Ensure all Protocol, Public Relations and Event Management processes are documented and currency maintained in a central AF CyberWorx repository
· Bachelor of Arts or Sciences from an accredited degree granting institution. Degrees in Public Affairs, Event Planning, or a similar field are strongly desired.
· Experience in one or more of the following areas:
o Project management
o Public relations
o Business etiquette
o Marketing and/or technical editing
· At least two years of relevant experience performing protocol, public relations or event management
· Excellent written and verbal communications skills in English
· Strong organizational and interpersonal relations skills
· Close attention to detail and ability to manage several simultaneous high visibility events
· Experience supporting social media postings
· The ability to contribute in a highly-collaborative, fast-paced team environment, and the ability to work with minimal supervision
· Understanding of military ranks and military protocol to include respect for the chain of command
· Adherence to conduct and standards in keeping with the USA Air Force Academy
· Strong working knowledge of Microsoft applications including: Outlook 365, Teams, Planner, SharePoint, Word and Excel
· Familiarity with Slack, Zoom, WebEx, and Trello is strongly desired
· Capability to edit videos and pictures using Adobe Premiere, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator, Canva, and Flickr is also desired
Please note that AAE and USAFA both mandate a drug-free workplace that strictly adheres to federal drug laws. Consequently, any use of medical or recreational marijuana is strictly prohibited.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2021-07-28