Public Relations Lead
Mark43’s mission is to empower communities and their governments with new technologies that improve the safety and quality of life for all. We build powerful, scalable, and elegant software that sets a new standard for the tools upon which our first responders rely. Our users are diverse, and we are therefore committed to embracing diversity of thought and experience within our team.
The Public Relations Lead at Mark43 finds the precise narrative that helps public safety, and the communities they serve, understand exactly how Mark43 can deliver technology that governments and their constituents deserve. You appreciate the myriad challenges public safety agencies face, and the corresponding hopes and expectations of their communities. You masterfully cultivate a Mark43 brand that addresses multiple audiences’ needs. You manage all press, interview requests, and PR-related activities, and simultaneously oversee internal projects that help us find our voice in the market. You wield social media, press, panels, interviews, and analyst relations as tools to amplify the Mark43 story. In the eyes of anybody at Mark43, you are a collaborative self-starter, a skilled storyteller, and a communicator with a keen appreciation for nuance, detail, and tone.
You are comfortable with ambiguity. You are an excellent writer. You can appreciate any perspective and can find the single voice that speaks to multiple, often wildly different, audiences.
What You’ll Do
If you were part of our team, here are some things you would have to work on:
- Coordinating all press, interviews, and public-facing activities for the launch of RMS Essentials
- Delivering internal and external announcements regarding company acquired funding and progression
- Managing our third-party public relations firm, social media coverage for relevant PR initiatives and news within our industry space
- Proactively highlighting our industry space in media outlets in positive, collaborative, and factual narratives
- Arranging and executing interview requests for Mark43 public safety policy experts
- Researching and implementing industry trends into PR materials, studies, and initiatives
- Running complex PR campaigns that deliver measurable results and meet objectives
- Documenting and sharing PR-related metrics, analytics, and success measurements company-wide
- Developing a crisis communication manual and best practices guideline
- Designing, managing, and deploying an approachable external brand for Mark43 that acknowledges the current social climate by making our mission clear and transparent
- Studying our organization’s clear objectives, industry policies, and needs to build public relations strategies that influence public opinion and promote products, ideas, and services
- Coordinating and completing awards applications for premier tech and public safety publications
- Establishing and maintaining relationships with media personnel, communities, employees, and public interest groups to deliver positive narratives about us and our partners
- Preparing and executing all PR initiatives for our industry’s largest trade show
- Leveraging in-house PR expertise with external agency capabilities in order to create great outcomes for Mark43
- Watching a fireside chat interview with senior female police leaders
What You’ll Need
We’re looking for a Public Relations Lead with 10+ years of experience. You are a talented writer, and can communicate concepts with flourish and emotion, but can also present complicated problems in simple, approachable terms. You have spent most of your career in SaaS and enterprise technology businesses, or adjacent industries. Any experience in public safety is a bonus. You have a keen eye for detail and passion for storytelling. You are comfortable in a fast-paced, agile startup environment. You have developed and refined frameworks for communicating and sharing messages that would be effective in a high-growth tech company.
People who thrive on our team also tend to share the following characteristics:
- HONEST AND CLEAR COMMUNICATOR. You communicate clearly and frankly, appreciate having hard conversations, and understand the importance of setting good objectives.
- ATTENTIVE, ACTIVE LISTENER. You’re interested in what others have to say and illustrate your interest with your actions.
- DATA-DRIVEN AND DISCIPLINED. You take notes, hit deadlines, and set an example for those around you.
- SUPREMELY COMFORTABLE WITH UNCERTAINTY. You know that sometimes problems and situations can’t be simplified or fully understood, and you thrive in situations with this type of haziness.
- PASSIONATE ABOUT DEVELOPMENT IN YOURSELF AND YOUR TEAMMATES. You want to grow as a person and colleague, and relish the opportunity to improve those around you.
- EMPATHETIC. You care about the social impact we’re making as a company in the public security space by supporting first responders and the communities they serve.
Our marketing team is based in New York, but this position is open to fully remote candidates (proximity to the Northeast Regional is a bonus), so please apply if you feel like you’d add value, regardless of your location.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2021-05-13