Public Relations Lead
The Public Relations Lead is responsible for the management, oversight, and execution of BKD’s public relations strategy including press release creation, media distribution, campaign oversight, interview coordination, analytics and reporting, media relations, crisis communications, and promotional paid advertising in publications.
In this position, you will follow AP Style guidelines to create press releases while aligning with BKD style and standards. You will also establish working relationships with reporters, research trending topics, research new contacts and keep updated journalist lists, assess analytics reports, analyze data to measure BKD’s public relations success, and make recommendations for optimization and improvement. Overall, you will help drive BKD’s public relations success and tell our story via the media.
The ideal candidate is an ambitious self-starter who is passionate about creating unique, client-focused content reflecting BKD’s brand standards and allowing the firm to stand out in the media marketplace.
What You Will Do:
- Manage, oversee, and execute the firm’s public relations strategy
- Write unique and compelling copy for press releases and/or edit existing copy
- Utilize Meltwater and other technology for press release automation, research, optimization, analytics, and monitoring
- Coordinate interviews, answer media questions and assist with press conferences
- Continue developing BKD’s relationship with the media on a national scale
- Work with clients to strategically develop public relations campaigns for local media
- Monitor press release mentions assessing audience engagement and BKD’s reputation
- Communicate effectively with internal clients to provide guidance and training on best practices and techniques to align with BKD’s public relations strategy
- Evaluate competitive benchmarks, new technologies, and press platforms to identify opportunities for growth and improvement
- Assess reports to measure BKD’s performance and make strategic recommendations to increase press coverage
- Execute crisis communications plans when appropriate
A Successful Trusted Advisor Has:
- Ability to manage time wisely to simultaneously work on multiple projects and meet aggressive deadlines
- A desire for continuous growth and development, welcoming constructive feedback, and coaching
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Strong organizational skills
- Track record of demonstrating initiative, discipline, and collaboration.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Bachelors degree in Marketing, Communications, or a related field or commensurate experience
- 3 years or more in a public relations or communications role preferred
- Working knowledge of public relations strategies, trends, and software/technologies
- Google Analytics experience preferred or strong desire to learn
- Editing experience
- Professional writing and digital marketing experience
- Experience with Meltwater, other press automation solutions, or a strong desire to learn
At BKD, our mission is to provide rewarding career opportunities and invest in the success of our people. Through award-winning learning and development, coaching, and career advocacy programs, you will have the tools to make every play count and reach your professional goals. Along the way, you will have the opportunity to influence innovation and build long-lasting relationships. As a BKDer, you will be able to learn, lead, serve, and be recognized for your contributions.
As a part of our People First culture, we invest in the well-being of our Trusted Advisors so they can provide Unmatched Client Service®. Click here to learn how we invest in our people: bkd.com/careers/our-investment-in-our-people.
Make your next play at BKD.
BKD, a national CPA, and advisory firm, can help individuals and businesses realize their goals. Our approximately 2,900 dedicated professionals provide solutions for clients in all 50 states and internationally. BKD and its subsidiaries offer a variety of tax, accounting, and consulting services and combine the insight and ideas of thought leaders in multiple industries. Learn more at bkd.com.
Experience the BKD difference for yourself. For more information about our firm locations, visit bkd.com. BKD, LLP is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. Employment selection and related decisions are made without regard to age, race, color, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, religion, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status, or other protected classifications.
It is BKD’s standard policy not to accept unsolicited referrals or resumes from any source other than directly from candidates.
- BKD expressly reserves the right not to consider unsolicited referrals and/or resumes from vendors including and without limitation, search firms, staffing agencies, fee-based referral services, and recruiting agencies.
- BKD further reserves the right not to pay a fee to a recruiter or agency unless such recruiter or agency has a signed vendor agreement with BKD.
- Any resume or CV submitted to any employee of BKD without having a BKD vendor agreement in place will be considered the property of BKD.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2021-07-05