Public Relations Manager
The PR Manager will be responsible for leading earned, owned and shared media strategies, storytelling and strategic branding/messaging that promote key initiatives and promote the business/client’s image and reputation.
Some with strong media, agency and/or industry expertise, the PR Manager works closely with the Business Unit Communications Manager to implement proactive campaigns to maximize share of voice among local, key trade and national media targets plus online media which is highly regarded by C-level executives. PR Manager also serves as one of the key media contacts and representatives for the business.
The PR Manager is well-connected and a strong information gatherer, researching emerging issues, trends and challenges that are facing the business. He/she further partners with management teams throughout the business for the purpose of formulation and execution of strategies, solutions, and opportunities pertinent to those issues.
- Develop, implement and evaluate an annual media, blogger and influencer plan to reach target audiences and stakeholders of business unit.
- Develop key messages for internal and external stakeholders which effectively differentiates business unit in its industry, clearly communicates its key selling propositions, and maximizes the visibility of the business unit.
- Proactively pursue media placements in print and electronic media which can then be merchandised to all targeted stakeholders.
- Seek out thought leadership of the business unit leader and its client alike including speaking opportunities, bylined stories, and opportunistic expert interviews with target media.
- Work closely with business unit leader to implement a proactive internal communications plan.
- Mange all media events, groundbreakings, project milestones, trade shows, etc.
- Manage business unit website(s), digital marketing programs, social media accounts, and email marketing to exceed industry benchmarks.
- Coordinate web development efforts and maintenance to ensure new and consistent information is posted regularly and consistently.
- Coordinate with business development team on ways to promote developments and business unit in targeted markets.
- Manage internal and external agencies while providing management with monthly reports demonstrating achievements vs. goals.
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field is required.
- 7+ years of demonstrated experience in communications, public relations or marketing with 3+ years in a leadership capacity. Active broadcast journalism, blogger and agency experience a plus.
- Extensive successful writing and editing experience (externally focused) with a variety of print and online communications media.
- Demonstrated experience and leadership in managing a comprehensive strategic communication, media relations and social media programs to advance an organization’s mission and goals.
- Experience in content creation including: planning, writing, editing, and production of newsletters, press releases, marketing literature, videos, etc.
- Innovative thinker, with a track record for translating strategic thinking into action plans and output.
- Excellent judgment and creative problem-solving skills.
- Ability to make decisions in a changing environment and anticipate future needs.
- Exceptional written, verbal, interpersonal, and presentation skills and the ability to effectively interface with senior management as well as the project-level workforce.
- Ability to operate as an effective tactical as well as strategic thinker.
Clayco is a full-service, turnkey real estate development, master planning, architecture, engineering and construction firm that safely delivers clients across North America the highest quality solutions on time, on budget, and above and beyond expectations. With $3.2 billion in revenue for 2019, Clayco specializes in the “art and science of building,” providing fast track, efficient solutions for industrial, commercial, institutional and residential related building projects.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2020-09-16