Public Relations Manager
Are you a PR pro who thrives in creating great content, using your excellent verbal, nonverbal, and written communication skills to share compelling stories? Do you enjoy driving owned and earned media strategy to help expand corporate reputation? If so, consider joining the CGI Federal Communications & Marketing team as our Public Relations Manager.
In this role, you’ll help drive awareness around CGI’s work in the federal market and with related influencers, such as media, industry analysts, think tanks, educational institutions and the local communities in which CGI Federal operates. Reporting to the Communications Director, the Public Relations Manager will develop content for a variety of channels, translating complex IT concepts into well-written narratives, with an emphasis on securing earned media placements.
You’ll bring a strong mix of strategic communications and media relations experience, with an ability to lead by influence and work in cross-functional teams. The PR Manager will also have exceptional communication skills, particularly in writing and outreach, with the ability to earn trust with multiple stakeholders, including company executives, media, and industry experts.
Your future duties and responsibilities
• Work with CGI Federal leaders and subject matter experts to develop and place content for external awareness. This includes crafting and pitching press releases, talking points, speeches, white papers and other content.
• Build effective relationships with key members of federal, local and technology press, bloggers and influencers, thinking creatively to increase media interest and elevate CGI Federal’s public visibility and reputation.
• Manage system for tracking, measuring, and reporting on news coverage and the effectiveness of these company efforts and continuously update methods, processes and tools.
• Develop and deliver thought-leadership content such as executive byliners and op-eds; identify appropriate outlets for these and work with editors to secure placement.
• Stay abreast of federal IT trends and developments; recommend topics on which to showcase CGI Federal’s subject matter experts.
• Use media database to manage a network of contacts and representatives within the local and national media.
• Work with CGI Federal’s social media and internal communications professionals to ensure message consistency, share best practices and repurpose content across traditional and social media channels (e.g., leveraging blog posts and white papers to develop and place executive bylines and op-eds, recognizing corporate, individual, and community achievement).
• Ensure that all content and deliverables adhere to corporate branding and quality standards for every communication and event.
• Lead the development of a viable CGI Federal Speakers Bureau, building executive and subject matter expert participation, securing placement, and measuring program effectiveness.
• Partner with vertical and horizontal marketing professionals on the team to develop content and marketing collateral in support of unified campaigns that showcase CGI Federal’s expertise across its business portfolio.
• Research and develop content for award nominations.
• Other duties as assigned.
Required qualifications to be successful in this role
• Proven success as a journalist or media relations professional for a public relations agency, corporation, marketing/communications company, industry or membership association, or educational or think-tank institution.
• Federal IT industry experience.
• Ability to understand highly technical concepts and translate into laymen’s terms.
• Excellent writing, editing, and oral communication skills.
• Experience delivering content and tactics in support of business development goals.
• Ability to work both independently and in collaboration with other team members, executives and other stakeholders.
• Ability to manage through influence.
• Ability to operate in a matrixed organization.
• Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree and 7+ years of experience.
• Experience working successfully within a matrixed organization
What you can expect from us
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com.
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at US_Employment_Compliance@cgi.com. You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned.
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2020-10-06