Public Relations Manager – (1910)
Public Relations Manager
The most security-conscious organizations trust Telos Corporation to protect their vital IT assets. The reputation of our company rests on the quality of our solutions and the integrity of our people. Explore what you can bring to our solutions in cyber, cloud and enterprise security.
Be a part of the Telos culture and see what sets us apart! Telos offers an excellent compensation package with benefits that include generous paid time off, medical, dental, vision, tuition reimbursement, and 401k. Our employees enjoy more than just a great work environment!
This position will be based in Ashburn, VA at the Telos headquarters.
We’re looking for a high-powered public relations manager to join our growing marketing team. Reporting to the Director of Corporate Communications, this individual will play a critical role in shaping and amplifying the Telos brand in a fast-paced and exciting cybersecurity industry.
The ideal candidate will be a self-starter, have a strong desire to pursue professional development opportunities, and will embody the Telos Core Values of integrity, building trusted relationships, working hard together, delivering superior solutions and having fun.
- Develop and maintain a PR strategy to create timely, relevant content that positions Telos as a thought leader and innovator within various communities of interest, including cyber and technology trades, as well as financial media and analysts.
- Drive coverage in national media related to IT security compliance, cybersecurity and industry verticals in a way that is relevant, accessible and actionable for our audience.
- Manage the strategic relationship with our external PR firm to drive programs, events and strategic campaigns alongside day-to-day activities and coverage.
- Prioritize, measure and report on media efforts to ensure we’re focusing on the right initiatives.
- Work closely with the marketing team and other internal stakeholders to support key initiatives, campaigns, and launches.
- Build strong working relationships with Telos subject matter experts, practice leads and executives; help them craft compelling points of view and assist them in getting exposure within their targeted communities of interest
- Write thoughtful, well-crafted press releases, bylines, media pitches, executive talking points, and social media posts.
- Build and maintain editorial and publishing calendars to coordinate launch activities, align with our product roadmaps and maximize the impact of media activity.
- Identify and pursue relevant opportunities for speaking engagements, awards and company recognitions
- Coordinate rapid-response plans to capitalize on breaking news, technical security analysis and other quick-turn opportunities.
- Understand Telos’ solutions and competitive landscape and communicate how and where Telos is differentiated from others in the industry.
- 4 – 8 years of experience driving public relations and media programs. Experience in the B2B cybersecurity or technology industry preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Excellent writing and storytelling skills: prose that’s clear and concise, with the ability to eliminate jargon and communicate in simple, creative ways.
- A firm grasp of AP Style and ability to edit and provide constructive feedback.
- A demonstrated ability to understand complex subject matter, along with the skills needed to simplify and explain these topics for a broad audience.
- A master communicator who appreciates that giving and receiving feedback is an integral part of the creative process.
- Experience working directly with executives, senior leaders and subject matter experts.
- Ability to manage multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced environment while not compromising work quality and attention to detail.
- The successful candidate must meet eligibility requirements to access sensitive information, which requires US citizenship.
Telos maintains a drug-free workplace and will conduct drug testing on all applicants who have accepted an offer of employment.
Telos Corporation participates in the E-Verify program. Therefore, any employment with Telos will also be contingent upon confirmation from the Social Security Administration (“SSA”) and/or the Department of Homeland Security (“DHS”) of your authorization to work in the United States.
Telos Corporation and its subsidiaries are committed to equal opportunity for all, without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or any other protected characteristic. Telos Corporation will make reasonable accommodations for known physical or mental limitations of otherwise qualified employees and applicants with disabilities unless the accommodation would impose an undue hardship on the operation of our business. If you are interested in applying for an employment opportunity and feel you need a reasonable accommodation pursuant to the ADA, please contact us at 1-800-283-1911. If you require relay service assistance, please click on the following link to review information on your state’s relay service: http://transition.fcc.gov/cgb/dro/trsphonebk.html
Learn more here
Telos Corporation is an EEO/AA employer.
Job posted: 2021-07-24