Public Relations Manager
Tracking Code4514Job Description
Latham & Watkins, a global law firm consistently ranked among the top firms in the world, is currently seeking a Public Relations Manager to join our winning team. While this role is officially based in our New York office, we may be open to considering candidates who are not based in the greater New York City area at this time. The success of our firm is largely determined by our commitment to hire and develop the very best and brightest, creating a team that provides our clients with the highest quality of work and service. We are driven by our core values: respect, innovation and collaboration.
The Public Relations Manager will receive a generous total compensation package. Bonuses are awarded in recognition of individual and firm performance. Eligible employees can participate in Latham’s comprehensive benefit program including healthcare, life and disability insurance, flexible spending accounts, a 401k plan, and more! In addition, employees receive 10 paid holidays per year, and a PTO program that accrues 23 days during the first year of employment and grows with tenure.
The Public Relations Manager is an experienced media and marketing professional, adept at developing strategic communications and media relations programs to deliver high impact results that advance the firm’s business goals and build name recognition in key practice areas, industries and markets. You will be a strategic and trusted advisor, engaged mentor and talented publicist, as well as an adept issues manager and multitasker. Focused on the East Coast market as well as the firm’s national litigation and trial practice, the Public Relations Manager will display strong presence with firm leaders and partners, impeccable judgement, creativity, and intellectual curiosity.
As a key member of the Brand & Communications team, the Public Relations Manager will be responsible for developing and implementing various communications content across external channels, including emails, website, social media, media relations, and events. The Manager will work closely with colleagues on the Public Relations team, other members of the department in Editorial Services, Digital Media, and Creative Services, and other firm professionals including in the Business Development Department.
The Public Relations Manager will also develops PR colleagues by performing a multitude of responsibilities, including but not limited to mentoring, assignment, training, and feedback while accomplishing these and other critical functions:
- Managing proactive press outreach and reactive media relations within the assigned region; acting as a publicist for key practices and providing strategic support for ongoing litigation PR programs
- Developing and executing media and marketing programs as well as strategic partnerships designed to build the firm’s name recognition and awareness in key practice areas and across a region (e.g., US East Coast) and nationally
- Proactively seeking media and marketing opportunities for profiling firm, practice groups, and individual attorneys across all formats – print, digital, broadcast, blogs, etc.
- Drafting and editing written marketing materials such as emails, bylined articles, press releases, and website content
- Coordinating and liaising with colleagues to ensure an integrated, strategic approach regarding all public relations and communications functions including supporting offices, practices, and industries
- Assisting with and/or implements other special projects or research assignment initiatives as assigned; conducting industry research and market intelligence, as appropriate
- Overseeing and supporting the building and maintenance of press office systems and processes; supervising staff and helping maintain press office administration such as media databases, coverage reporting, activity tracking, etc.
- Promoting effective work practices, working as a team member, and showing respect for co-workers.
As a Public Relations Manager, you will be expected to apply your organizational and communication skills while displaying a positive, high-energy attitude. The successful Public Relations Manager must have knowledge of core public relations and marketing principals including digital marketing, internal communications, seminar/event planning, branding, market research, trade advertising, and competitive intelligence. Excellent leadership skills (i.e., organizing, planning, problem-solving and decision-making) necessary for effective management are desired, as well as strong analytical skills needed for all primary duties of position, including comprehending and communicating data. The Manager must display excellent language skills, including reading, grammar, spelling, and vocabulary, to ensure proper and efficient writing. The ability to proofread and ensure accurate articles, presentations, database entries, and other work products is desired.
A Bachelor’s degree in Public Relations, Marketing, Communications, Business Administration, or related field required is required. A minimum of twelve (12) or more years of relevant public relations and marketing experience (at a PR agency or in-house) is required.
Qualified candidates are encouraged to apply by clicking the ‘Apply Now’ link.
Latham & Watkins is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our commitment to diversity, equal opportunity and sustainability enables Latham & Watkins to draw from a remarkable wealth of talent to create one of the world’s leading law firms.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2020-12-17