Public Relations Manager
WarnerMedia is a leading media and entertainment company that creates and distributes premium and popular content from a diverse array of talented storytellers and journalists to global audiences through its consumer brands including: HBO, HBO Max, Warner Bros., TNT, TBS, truTV, CNN, DC Entertainment, New Line, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, Turner Classic Movies and others.
We are the now and the next. The power behind the people building the future. We are born from the spirit of innovation. We are created from the idea that people around the world want more, need more, deserve more. We are the home of the global digital revolution. We are CNN.See what it’s like to work at CNN! Follow us on Instagram, Twitter and Facebook.
CNN is seeking a Communications Manager to help develop and execute press activities and strategies at CNN in New York.
- Will manage day-to-day press relations, speaking engagements, write press materials and manage press interviews.
- Travel when necessary.
- Proven track record for developing and implementing strategic and innovative publicity campaigns, pitching and placing stories and excellent writing skills.
- Understanding of news and politics, be comfortable working in a fast-paced environment and meet deadlines.
- S/he will create proactive pitches and story ideas targeted to national media, content-specific outlets, trade pubs, and social platforms.
- Self-starter, work independently and as a team; own projects from start to finish.
- Must have excellent judgment, decision making, networking and communication skills; be a multi-tasker who is equally strong at looking at the big picture and the smallest details.
- Cable television press relations skills a big plus.
- Position requires strong public relations skills and the ability to place stories within consumer, social, trade and blog press.
- Four-year college degree, five to seven years publicity experience, knowledge of media outlets and contacts required.
- Paid time off every year to volunteer
- Access to well-being tools, resources, and freebies
- 2018 Best Company for Working Mothers
- 2018 Best Company for Dads
- An in-house learning and development team to help shape and grow your career
- Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands
Warner Media, LLC and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. Qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2020-12-30