Public Relations Manager
Yubico’s mission is to create a safer internet for everyone. Our core invention, the YubiKey, a hardware-based token, revolutionized secure logins for top Internet brands, including Google and Facebook, and for millions of users in 160 countries. Collaboration and innovation are at the core of our culture, as we expand to more advanced software and services for encryption and Internet of Things (IoT). We are a multinational, fast-growing company, offering an opportunity to bring your ideas to life with our global team.
he Public Relations Manager is responsible for building, maintaining, and protecting Yubico’s public brand image. The core focus of this position is developing compelling story angles that will drive national media exposure, promote corporate goodwill, support business development efforts, and build thought leadership.
You will report to the Director of Global Communications and work closely with Yubico executives, as well as the product marketing and partner marketing teams to uncover and pursue pitchable content. You will also be responsible for managing Yubico’s external PR agencies, and contributing thought leadership content in the form of blogs and bylines.
The ideal candidate for this role is self-motivated, detail-oriented, quick on their feet, highly creative, and possesses strong media relations and storytelling skills. This individual is a “people-person” with a collaborative spirit. The ability to juggle multiple activities at once, and under tight deadlines, is critical for this role.
Role & Responsibilities:
- Drive US-based media coverage for Yubico by identifying proactive story angles and pitching media daily to secure consistent press across enterprise, vertical, and consumer publications
- Support product announcements and strategic joint partner initiatives with creative and comprehensive press activities
- Monitor news to stay ahead of the curve on breaking industry stories, and identify potential media opportunities for Yubico
- Organize media interviews, create executive media briefs, and media commentary to ensure consistent message delivery in the press
- Develop and review thought leadership content in the form of blogs and bylines
- Maintain and expand media database to build new reporter relationships
- Assist with managing Yubico’s five international PR agencies
- Craft speaking and award submissions to highlight Yubico’s product innovation, industry expertise, and corporate growth and leadership
- Manage and grow Yubico’s analyst relations program
- Work closely with the program manager for Yubico’s donation-led initiative, Yubico for Free Speech, to mine stories that will highlight Yubico’s corporate philanthropy and humanize security
- 4 year Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Communications, Public Relations or a related field
- A minimum of 5 years working in public relations; agency experience or experience in cybersecurity public relations is preferred
- Specialized knowledge and prior experience working with a media database, preferably MuckRack
- Thorough knowledge of and relationships with B2B and B2C cyber security and tech media (print, digital, broadcast), and/or vertical specific media in the finance, government and healthcare sectors
- Proven ability to keep abreast of current affairs and relate them to media strategies
- Ability to clearly articulate via written and verbal communications
- Flexibility in taking on new tasks
- Attention to detail
- Creative and innovative thinking
- Calmness under pressure and ability to achieve tight deadlines
- Occasional travel required for press tours, industry events, SKOs, or other corporate gatherings
We are an equal opportunity employer, we value diversity and uphold an inclusive environment where all people feel that they are equally respected and valued. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, religion, national origin, veteran or disability status. We’d love to learn about what you can add to our diverse team.
Personal data submitted through this form is used for the legitimate business interests of managing Yubico’s recruitment and hiring related activities, which include setting up and conducting interviews and tests for applicants, evaluating and assessing the results thereto, and as is otherwise needed in the recruitment and hiring processes.
Your personal data will be retained in compliance with Yubico’s record retention policies, as long as necessary for the purpose for which it was collected including the consideration for relevant future employment opportunities.
If you do not want us to reach out to you or use your information as described herein please contact us at email@example.com to let us know and we will delete all such information. Providing your personal data is voluntary, but necessary to join our talent community, and if you do not agree to provide your data, we will not be able to consider you as part of our talent community
As part of providing the requested service, we will transfer your data to be processed by Lever, Inc., a service provider contracted by Yubico AB and/or its subsidiaries that meets legally mandated privacy requirements.The Yubico Privacy Notice offers more information about Yubico privacy practices, including the lawful basis for processing of personal data, how to lodge a complaint with the supervisory authority, and how to contact Yubico to exercise your data subject rights.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2021-01-06