Public Relations Manager
Are you ready to make a change? Are you ready to take healthcare to the next level? Then it’s time to join the nation’s leading medical practice association – MGMA.
Here is what you can expect when you join our team:
- Competitive pay
- Insurance benefits & matching 401k
- 3 weeks’ vacation
- Tuition assistance
- On-site fitness center
- Volunteer opportunities
About the Role
The Public Relations Manager is responsible for partnering with Medical Group Management Associations (MGMA’s) business units, and the Executive team in the development and execution of the Association’s strategic position in the marketplace, increasing the Association’s reputation, brand, and perception of value to the industry.
- Carries out the communication strategy for the enterprise which enhances its reputation, brand, and perception of value to the industry
- Creates, owns, and executes the tactical plan to deliver the expected outcomes of the strategic communication plan for the Association
- Partners with MGMA’s PR agency of record and internal stakeholders to plan and implement comprehensive, proactive PR campaigns. Develops strong relationships with these partners so consistent, aligned messaging is delivered in line with strategic initiatives
- Manages and responds to incoming media requests, ensuring message consistency, spokesperson recommendations, spokesperson preparation, coaching and execution
- Develops and maintains relationships with national press contacts and industry influencers to ensure MGMA’s reputation is promoted and positioned as an industry thought leader
- Develops content that aligns with the strategic communication priorities of the organization, including highlighting key products that help establish MGMA as an industry leader
- Stays abreast of news/trends relevant to the Association’s audience and works cross-functionally across departments to proactively leverage data and insights
- Oversees external messaging for the organization, including crisis communication
- Develops and maintains a schedule of upcoming Chief Executive Officer (CEO) speaking engagements and partners with PR agencies to prepare appropriate materials
- Partner with the Digital Marketing Team to ensure digital engagement of current and developing audiences is achieved as a component of the overall strategic communication plan
- Plans and oversees press events as assigned
- Builds a communication plan that meets the Association’s communication needs for the future
- Other duties as required and necessary to ensure the success of the organization
The starting pay range established for this position is $68,480 – $85,594 per year. Pay is commensurate with market, equity, and candidate education/experience.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Public Relations, Journalism, or related field is required
- Five (5) or more years of experience in public relations with a proven track record of creating highly successful media relations programs and building solid relationships with key constituencies is required
- Health care and public relations agency experience is required
Medical Group Management Association (MGMA) is the premier association for professionals who lead medical practice. Since 1926, through data, people, insights, and advocacy, MGMA empowers medical group practices to innovate and create meaningful change in healthcare. With a membership of more than 40,000 medical practice administrators, executives, and leaders, MGMA represents more than 12,500 organizations of all sizes, types, structures and specialties that deliver almost half of the healthcare in the United States.
View all MGMA’s open career opportunities here: www.mgma.com/about/careers.
To apply to this job, click Apply Now
Job posted: 2021-02-07