Public Relations Manager
United States-Home based position
At Automobili Lamborghini America we are making it possible to stun the world. We have the luxury of representing one of the most exotic and visionary super sport cars around the globe, embodied with the blend of cutting edge technology and Italian craftsmanship. We strongly believe in the future of the super sports cars and work to preserve these values with new concepts and innovative solutions. As a niche luxury automotive company, our employees have the opportunity to interact directly with the factory in Italy and with dealers and customers allowing to make decisions at all levels. We seek candidates from diverse backgrounds to join our cross-cultural team and offer different perspectives to business approaches. We encourage everyone to develop and implement new and innovative ideas to create the complete customer experience and ensure our customers feel at the center of our efforts. We continue to spread the love and the passion for Lamborghini.
The Public Relations manager is responsible for several important communication areas: external corporate, dealer and internal. This role develops key messages, execution of communications and issues management related to all corporate, dealer and internal matters. The development of both the quantity and quality of media coverage related to product and to assist in developing key messages and execution of communications over lifecycle of Lamborghini products, accordingly with HQ plans and guidelines. This role will support the Head of Marketing and Communication in the execution of all PR activities across Americas region while working closely with experiential marketing teams on all activations.
Public Relations – 65%
- Support Head of Marketing and Communication in developing brand and marketing strategy for the region while mapping out all product launches in market; responsible for the Public Relations budget management.
- Roll out PR campaigns (brand, product & corporate); digital and traditional PR efforts
- Collaborate and manage PR Agency of Record
- Compile and track media analytics tools and strategy for business unit
- Successfully executed multiple initiatives across lifestyle, trade, business and tech verticals including product launches, trade shows, international meetings, CEO appearances, media programs and productions at a global and national scale
- Develop strategic narratives for ALA and Lamborghini SpA activities in the Americans Region (with focus on US and Canada)
- Ability to recognize, curate and develop creative, innovative ideas and programs that will differentiate and position Lamborghini the leading visionary, cutting-edge and pure super sports car brand
- Work closely with VWGoA and Lamborghini SpA Industry /Government Relations to develop strategic messages
- Develop and maintain working relationships with Lamborghini SpA Communication colleagues and with the colleagues who support the functional areas of marketing
- Serve as ALA communications lead on tonality and structure of brand press releases
- Develop new opportunities to spread Lamborghini news in the Americas and globally using blogs, brand-generated content and company articles
- Serve as a primary point of contact and communications counsel for ALA departments
- Lead speechwriting for brand
- Agency planning, execution on annual objectives for automotive media and lifestyle coverage and events
- Monitor return of investment in terms of number of articles/impressions and tonality
- Establish and maintain relationships with the enthusiast, product and technology North American media via various media platforms
- Understand the factors driving industry coverage; develop appropriate product demonstrations, events and pitches that promote the brand. Package information that meets the needs of media platforms.
- Oversee the creation and selection of press materials for all product press efforts for the Americas including development and distribution of product press kits, photography, product information and Press Website
- Lead the creation of product press events domestically and participate in international events to introduce new and updated products to the press (both automotive and non-automotive)
- Support the communication of Lamborghini product, technology and brand developments
- Support the brand’s Motorsports efforts including press materials, interviews, on-site agency coordination, social media, etc
- Take actions to influence media agency reporting results as primary group measurement of media activities
- Develop appropriate product demonstrations, events accordingly with HQ guidelines in terms of product positioning and brand guidelines
Media relations – 20%
- Vet media requests for ALA region.
- Handle business, consumer and technology media outreach and story placement
- Develop unique programs introducing media & influencers to Lamborghini core values
- Develop roster of media and influencers for regular outreach
- Deliver consistent brand messages on business activities, technologies and products.
- Support automotive media launches, programs and relationships on national & international level
- Maintain product knowledge of Lamborghini portfolio for communications and messaging
- Oversee/manage agency for lifestyle media exposure/events
Other – 5%
- Organize daily / weekly clipsheets for distribution throughout ALA and Lamborghini SpA.
- Organize monthly clip report for distribution throughout ALA dealer network.
- Develop key KPIs and quarterly reports outlining press actions for management teams
- Manage communication calendar (internal ALA & HQ)
Press / VIP Fleet execution – 10%
- Oversee Press Fleet and press fleet AOR in support of ALA projects, entertainment industry partnerships and VIP relationships.
- Ensure media loans are managed with oversight and understanding of intended result
- Daily management of Fleet vendors
- Lead on-site fleet coordinator position.
- 10+ years
- Bachelor’ Degree in Communications, Journalism, Marketing, or an associated area (Arts & Sciences, Economics, Sociology, Psychology)
- Master’s Degree in Business or Communications (desired).
- Analytical and conceptual thinking – using logic and reason, creative and strategic
- Computer savvy – skilled in the use of software
- Integration – joining people, processes or systems
- Communication skills – interpersonal, presentation and written
- Team management skills
- Influencing and negotiation skills
- Problem solving
- Resource management
- Key relationships with top media and brand stakeholders
- Extensive media relationships and robust media skills
- Journalism-oriented writing style
- Deep understanding of business practices and needs
- Strategic communication planning and execution
- Experience advising senior leadership
- Experience in Automotive or Luxury companies
- Events strategy, execution, project management
- Social Media acumen; strong story-telling and ability to recognize and/or develop innovative ideas
- International company knowledge with head office liaison (desired)
- Key relationships with top media and brand stakeholders (desired)
- Ability to work cross culturally (desired)
- Agency management or experience preferred (desired).
- Up to 60% domestic and international travel required
- Extensive traveling both international and US
- Flexible work schedule that may require weekends and late nights
Volkswagen Group of America is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We welcome and encourage applicants from all backgrounds, and do not discriminate based on race, sex, age, disability, sexual orientation, national origin, religion, color, gender identity/expression, marital status, veteran status, or any other characteristics protected by applicable laws.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2021-02-11