Public Relations Manager
The PR Manager of US Marketing is responsible for providing the strategic leadership & vision for all public relations endeavors. They will develop and execute innovate and on brand initiatives to drive incremental press & brand awareness across all media channels. They will be responsible for generating impactful PR campaigns & securing editorial coverage in all available and appropriate forms of national, regional, trade, digital, beauty media & social media.
This position requires strong leadership skills, outstanding communication & written skills with excellent organizational and follow-up skills. The candidate must be a result driven leader with an eye for detail who can push the creativity envelope.
The position will be based in our corporate office in San Francisco, CA.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Drive US PR Strategy across all channels: national, regional, trade, digital/internet, celebrity & makeup artist.
- Develop a strategic long-term plan to translate brand DNA into a comprehensive PR action plan to grow brand awareness & drive incremental press in collaboration with Director, Communications.
- Identify measurement metrics to track PR team performance & measure program/activity success.
- Generate a monthly PR analytics report of topline results.
- Manage & drive PR Calendar.
- Liaison with Marketing team to plan and strategize National Brow Artist program for regional and national press opportunities.
- Collaborate with international PR/Marketing managers to brainstorm PR ideas, encourage “best practices” and maximize global presence/consistency.
- Lead weekly PR team meetings. Manage day-to-day PR team activities.
- Foster teamwork & creativity among PR Team.
- Increase individual & team collaboration both within the PR department and across the US Marketing team
U.S. Editorial & Media Relationships
- Grow editorial coverage across all channels: national, regional, digital/internet, celebrity & makeup artist etc.
- Manage editorial tracking (DMR) service – analyze data, identify opportunities & lead team to improve ranking.
- Increase quality & quantity of press hits using a multi-faceted approach.
- Develop & grow relationships with top tier press resulting in increased quality placements & exposure.
- Oversee and continuously evolve PR initiatives to maximize effectiveness & keep Benefit fresh on the forefront of Editors’ minds for new introductions & core products.
- Plan & execute all long lead and short lead press events.
- Track all PR event & special project expenses.
- Review monthly P & L statements to keep expenses on track & on budget.
- Identify cost savings opportunities.
- Negotiate best prices to optimize brand dollar spend on all PR initiatives.
All other duties as assigned.
- 5+ years public relations experience, beauty industry preferred
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills
- Strong influencing skills
- Excellent presentation skills
- Proven track record for achieving results and driving projects
- Highly organized multi-tasker with a great ability to problem solve
- Proficient in Word, Excel and other Microsoft Office applications
- Ability to travel
Learn more here
Job posted: 2021-02-25