Public Relations Manager
Responsible for helping to build and elevate Lendlease’s reputation and brand perception in the Americas, with key stakeholders across its four business units, by creating and nurturing a proactive corporate communications strategy.
Essential Job Functions, Duties and Responsibilities
The following statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities and skills required of personnel so classified.
- Report to and work directly with the Americas Director of Corporate Communications to develop and nurture internal and external communications strategies that align with and support the Americas business and objectives.
- Design and implement sophisticated communications initiatives – from strategies and tactics to key messaging and editorial content development – to increase the visibility and understanding of the firm’s end to end capabilities, vision and purpose.
- Boost brand awareness and stakeholder engagement through thought leadership and traditional PR tactics (inclusive of internal communications, traditional media, digital/social media and industry events like speaking and panel opportunities and sponsorship opportunities).
- Liaise directly with internal company leadership and subject matter experts to understand regional business needs and develop appropriate communications solutions.
- Prepare media briefs for leadership and subject matter experts; ensure spokespeople are well-trained and prepared to speak to media and at industry events.
- Build, foster and maintain relationships with key media outlets and reporters within real estate and vertical trade media and with media within Lendlease’s key gateway cities; answer inquiries from media.
- Assist the corporate communications team with various internal communications/employee engagement initiatives.
- Ensure brand guidelines are adhered to in all communications and act as an advocate for the function’s processes, protocols and rules of engagement.
- Ensure strict quality of all communications deliverables.
- Develop a strong feel for the “voice” of key stakeholders to enhance, expedite and deliver authenticity to communications.
- Work across regional and local matrix teams to ensure clear, consistent communications in support of Lendlease’s business units.
- Use a set of robust and useful KPIs to help rationalize spend, deliver impact and inform strategies.
- Monitor, collate and analyze media coverage and develop coverage/progress reports.
- Uphold the mission and standards of the company and support company-wide initiatives.
General Background and Minimum Requirements
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Communications, Public Affairs, Journalism or other related field
- Exceptional research, writing, editing, verbal and interpersonal communication skills
- Minimum of 6 years of experience in communications either in-house or at an agency
- Knowledge of or experience within commercial real estate industry preferred
- Successful track record of working within new media and digital channels
- Strong diplomatic and persuasive skills
- Proven record of forging strong and effective relationships with internal stakeholders
- Sensitivity to the regional, international and multicultural environments in which the firm operates
- Ability to rewrite or edit complex communications for purposeful structure, clarity of ideas and the logical persuasive presentation of content
- Ability to grasp complex technical concepts (including financial, architectural or construction-related material) for effective communication
- Ability to successfully manage multiple, high-level and visible projects
- Adept at establishing rapport with diverse internal and external partners
- Ability to work effectively in a culturally and educationally diverse environment
- Confident self-starter with impeccable attention to detail
- Advanced analytical, problem solving and conceptual skills
- Proven record of providing excellent internal and external customer service
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
Lendlease is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer.
Job posted: 2021-03-13