Public Relations Manager
Reporting directly to the CEO for great exposure. You will be leading PR efforts for total Outstanding Foods. You will be partnering closely with Sr. Marketing Manager & Sr. Creative Manager to help create interesting marketing campaigns to drive buzz for the company. Your job will encompass outreach to journalists to pitch stories and have Outstanding Foods included in publications as well.
- Outreach to journalist to get Outstanding Foods and our products into top publications
- Create interesting angles to stories that are PR worthy to pitch to publications
- Work with the brand and development teams to draft foundational documents that help define how we talk about our products.
- Plan, implement and manage strategic PR plans that result in positive coverage and conversations about our products.
- Plan and budget for PR events, programs and initiatives.
- Actively participate in cross-functional/integrated communications strategy meetings, proactively driving PR strategy recommendations and leading execution of PR initiatives in concert with community, influencer and social leads and their activities.
- Lead in drafting materials (briefing materials, blogs, messaging, presentations, etc.)
- Coordinate and staff media interviews with Co-Founders, able to provide interview prep for spokesperson.
- Measure and provide reports on each PR campaign.
- Build long-term relationships with relevant journalists across endemic and mainstream media.
- As needed, Develop and implement crisis communications recommendations and advice.
- 5+ years Public Relations experience, with a proven track record of successful PR campaigns.
- Must have prior positive previous relationships with journalists, editors and influencers/celebs in order to execute outreach
- Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Marketing, PR or related field.
- Excellent written skills, along with management abilities.
- Manage numerous projects simultaneously, while prioritizing high-return work.
- Have an understanding of the food & beverage industry
- Proficient at presenting communications plans and incorporating feedback.
- Attention to detail.
We provide competitive compensations packages that include cash compensation + equity. In addition we provide the following benefits.
- Medical insurance
- Dental + vision insurance
- Complementary memberships to Aaptive Fitness and Headspace
Paid Time Off
- 3 weeks of paid time off
- 10 paid holidays
- Time away from work to volunteer at an organization of your choosing
Learn more here
Job posted: 2021-08-17