Public Relations Manager
Join us as we pursue our mission to remove the barriers between data and action, so that everyone thrives in the Data Age. Splunk is filled with people who are passionate about pushing the boundaries of technology in an effort to help our customers succeed. As the world’s first Data-to-Everything Platform, Splunk is creating a world where data provides clarity, elevates discussion and accelerates progress. We invite you to explore what has made us one of the fastest-growing technology companies in history, and how you can be an integral part of our journey!
We’re looking for an outstanding communications leader who relishes storytelling on a global scale and orchestrating public relations programs for one of the technology industry’s fastest-growing and most dynamic software companies. Our newest Corporate PR Manager will be someone who loves cross-functional collaboration, has deep media relations and corporate PR experience, and is curious about how data holds the answers to some of our world’s toughest challenges and greatest opportunities.
You will help drive strategy with all facets of the business and lead programs within Splunk’s Communications program. At its core, the role is about creating opportunities to tell phenomenal customer and thought leadership stories that showcase the value of Splunk and our vision to help organizations ask questions, get answers, take actions and achieve business outcomes from their data.
Reporting to the Director of Corporate PR, and global in nature, this role is preferred to be Bay Area-based but we are open to remote.
- Support overall corporate communications and other strategic initiatives including critical communications related to our business strategy and development, M&A, research, partners, customer stories, global impact, Splunk Ventures and financials.
- Develop and cultivate strong relationships with journalists in business, financial, technology and vertical media. Work closely with the Director, Corporate PR to own Tier-1 business press engagement including thought leadership for Splunk’s corporate leaders.
- Own strategy and development of corporate press releases, blogs and other collateral.
- Partner with Investor Relations and finance teams to support Splunk’s external communications surrounding its quarterly earnings report.
- Partner with industry analyst relations and influencer marketing to support Splunk’s external communications of industry awards and recognition.
- Work with global communications leaders to ensure a consistent narrative and strategic alignment around all news throughout all regions.
- Evaluate campaigns via analytics and build upon success.
- Lead, manage and develop partnerships with Splunk’s communications agency partners.
- Plan and execute various communications projects/programs with internal and external partners.
- 5-7 years of experience in PR, journalism, or related occupation and preferably with 4+ years working for an enterprise software company
- Excellent writing skills across a wide range of deliverables; from traditional PR to blogs to contributed content
- Understanding of and experience with various social media platforms
- Professional and high-energy demeanor with the ability to network and establish relationships with customers, partners and employees
- Ability to work well across various teams/departments from sales and business development to marketing and engineering
- College degree in journalism, marketing, public relations, business or related subject
- Proven attention to detail
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.
For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
(Colorado only*) Minimum base salary of $90,000. You may also be eligible for incentive pay + equity + benefits.*Note Disclosure per sb19-085 (8-5-201 et seq).
ENTER JOB DESCRIPTION HERE
Job posted: 2021-09-20