Latest Public Affairs News & Articles
Public Relations Manager
Firehouse Restaurant Group
Remote (Dallas, TX/Kansas City, MO/St Louis, MO/Milwaukee, WI/Minneapolis, MN/Indianapolis, IN/Detroit, MI)
Firehouse Subs Headquarters, supporting more than 1,200 Firehouse Subs restaurants in 45 states, Puerto Rico, and Canada, is seeking a Public Relations Manager to join our team. Headquartered in Jacksonville, Florida, Firehouse Subs® is one of the nation’s leading fast-casual restaurant chains with a commitment to and passion for hearty and flavorful food, heartfelt service, and public safety. The person in the position has the opportunity to join an exciting, fast-paced, and high-energy environment, working in the hub of the public relations network for our organization.
The Manager of Public Relations facilitates local public relations efforts for the assigned regions of the Firehouse Subs system and serves day-to-day as the official public relations manager to franchisees within those territories. Reporting to the Senior Manager of Field Public Relations, the Manager of Public Relations has a mission to execute the brand’s annual local public relations strategies and integrated campaigns; and to produce local public relations results that drive sales and franchisee satisfaction. This position serves as an integral part of the Firehouse Subs field team, working day-to-day with the Franchise Business Consultant and Field Marketing Manager to achieve the brand’s key performance indicators.
- Serves as the primary public relations contact for franchisees in assigned territories
- Implements the brand’s annual public relations strategy in assigned regions to drive traffic and awareness to meet sales goals and franchisee satisfaction
- Provides public relations coaching, mentoring, and continued training for each franchisee in assigned territories
- Collaborates with the Senior Manager of Field Public Relations to develop annual local public relations plans that center around traditional earned media as a lead component, and is ultimately responsible for the execution of those plans
- Provides comprehensive New Restaurant Opening public relations to include creation, implementation, and execution of new restaurant opening press materials within assigned territory
- Manages media relations and secures publicity in assigned territories
- Identifies local public relations initiatives to increase brand awareness through traditional earned media channels
- Serves as the media spokesperson for assigned territories
- Coordinates approvals of any local public relations efforts
- Assembles publicity reports for internal stakeholders of assigned territory
- Provides designated Franchise Business Consultants and franchisees with local restaurant public relations consultation
- Acts as liaison between the Senior Manager of Field Public Relations and the field team/franchisees to ensure ideas, suggestions, and feedback are received, considered, and responded to appropriately
- Creates and executes educational presentations at territory meetings
- Provides local public relations support for Firehouse Subs Public Safety Foundation events in assigned territory, as needed
- Travels to territory to build relationships with local teams, as needed
- Builds trust and collaboration among people, teams, and departments
- Provides crisis communications support to the Vice President of Public Affairs in assigned territory, as needed
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, public relations, or a related field
- Minimum of three years public relations, corporate communications, or journalism work experience
- Public relations agency background in account service
- Able to effectively multi-task and manage competing priorities
- Able to communicate in both written and verbal form with conviction and credibility, adapting message to suit level of audience
- Flexibility, a positive attitude, enthusiasm, and excellent problem-solving skills required
- Attention to detail
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Able to work independently and with teams
- Able to prioritize and manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Outgoing, creative personality
- Proficient in AP style
- Strong public speaking skills; must be able to present to large groups
- U.S. passport is required
Preferred education and experience:
- Restaurant industry experience is a plus
- Franchising experience is a plus
- Accreditation in Public Relations (APR) preferred
- Master’s degree in communications, public relations, or a related field helpful
Physical demands: The physical demands of the job include bending, sitting, lifting, and driving.
Work environment: Will work from home and comply with Firehouse Subs’ work from home and travel policies.
This position is remote but may include up to 50% travel to respective regional and corporate events, depending on business needs.
Position type and expected hours of work: Full-time, remote position must be based in one of the cities listed. Variable schedule depending on business activity. Will require some weekend travel. Typical work hours are 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. local time, on-call nights and weekends (as needed).
Learn more here
Job posted: 2022-08-27