Latest Public Affairs News & Articles
Public Relations Manager
WHAT WE DO MATTERS:
Here at The Knot Worldwide, we believe in doing work that matters. In 16 countries around the world, our leading family of brands (The Knot, WeddingWire, Bodas, Hitched, The Bash, The Bump, and more) inspire, inform, and celebrate our communities as they move through life’s milestones. Our couples and business partners depend on us. They’re all in. So are we.
ABOUT THE ROLE AND OUR TEAM:
The Public Relations Manager will assist in crafting and executing impactful, measurable and noteworthy consumer campaigns to drive awareness, engagement and brand equity for The Knot Worldwide and the company’s premier brands The Knot, WeddingWire and The Bump.
The ideal candidate must have a minimum of 5-6 years of experience in a PR agency and/or in-house PR team and be located within a reasonable distance to NYC for occasional in-person press events, media appearances and team planning meetings. This individual will report to the Associate Director of Public Relations and will assist with developing and executing integrated PR campaigns. Candidates must have a track record of generating positive results in consumer press and have a finger on the pulse of trends and interests of GenZ and Millennial audiences. Keen communication skills and proven experience in writing talking points, briefing docs, company messaging and press releases is a must. This individual will manage a junior team member and help with management of an external PR agency team. The ideal candidate must be comfortable and confident when interacting with senior leadership and company spokespeople, and will work closely with the partnerships, B2B marketing, integrated marketing, editorial, social, research and other teams on cross-functional initiatives. A love of writing and creative brainstorming are essential, and previous TV segment production and event planning experience is ideal.
- Assistance with development of strategy and execution of key initiatives, announcements and narratives
- Draft talking points, key messages, media alerts, press releases and other company media assets
- Manage in-bound press requests from start to finish including coordination of interview, preparation of spokespeople and follow up with media
- Contribute to interview and speaking preparation for editorial spokespeople, including media training and message development
- Manage, mentor and develop junior staff member
- Assist in managing day-to-day expectations and KPIs with the company’s PR agency of record
- Draft key initiative recaps including KPI measurement and analysis
- Collaborate with key cross-functional teams for announcements and campaigns, and help socialize PR strategy to internal stakeholders
- Oversee research to support strategy, media outreach and campaign development
- Participate in and actively contribute to creative brainstorms and meetings to help develop news-generating ideas
- Help plan and execute press events
SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATES HAVE:
- A minimum of 5-6 years of experience in a PR agency and/or in-house PR team
- Proven track record of developing and executing successful, integrated consumer PR campaigns at a national level
- Experience drafting press releases, media alerts, talking points, briefing docs, company messaging and other media assets
- Event management experience
- Ability to manage and work collaboratively with the company’s PR agency of record
- Big picture thinker who can conceptualize ideas with the potential for virality and wide reach; a plus if initiatives are high impact and low lift
- Good judgment, attention to detail and the ability to plan ahead and meet tight deadlines
- Keen sense of trends and verticals of interest to Millennials and GenZ
- Data-driven and eager to measure the results of initiatives
- Creative thinker who can conceptualize newsworthy moments and develop story ideas
- Determined self-starter who can recommend and initiate projects with minimal direction
- Strategic thinker who is organized, innovative and resourceful
At The Knot Worldwide, we believe you are more than a resume and invite you to go for it, take the leap of faith, and apply for this job if it sparks your passion to join TKWW and make a difference!
WHAT WE LOVE ABOUT YOU:
- You Dream Big. You iterate and experiment to drive innovation.
- You Love Our Users. You keep our global community at the center of everything you do.
- You Do the Right Thing. You strengthen your team through respect, fairness, and inclusion.
- You Hustle Every Day. You favor urgency and own your outcomes.
- You Win Together. People are at the heart of our success and you play as a team.
WHAT YOU LOVE ABOUT US:
We believe in a wide range of holistic offerings to support our employees so that they can live our values day in and day out. From mental wellbeing, physical health and financial planning, to engaging perks and discounts, we are in the business of celebrating and supporting the Moments that Matter both in and out of the “office”. We offer flexible vacation, generous parental leave and prioritize initiatives that support the growth, development, and happiness of our people.
TKWW’s approach to the future of work: At the onset of the coronavirus pandemic, TKWW pivoted all global employees to remote work while prioritizing physical and mental wellbeing. While the majority of our global offices are open and available at this time, all TKWW employees have the ability to work remotely full time through the length of 2022. Upon entering our “new normal”, TKWW will pilot a hybrid work model where employees will have additional flexibility. (Note: employees who were hired into remote positions will continue to work fully remotely.)
US Notice: The Knot Worldwide provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, or disability. In addition to federal law requirements, The Knot Worldwide complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. The Knot Worldwide expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status.
Job posted: 2022-09-21