Latest Public Affairs News & Articles
Public Relations Manager
The mission of NTCA is working on behalf of small broadband providers who are working on behalf of rural America.
Our vision is to build a better broadband future for rural America.
NTCA–The Rural Broadband Association is looking for a Public Relations Manager to join our Strategic Communications department. This position will report to the VP of Strategic Communications and will play an integral role in serving as the point person for public and media relations and advocacy communication initiatives. As our PR Manager, you will have the opportunity to interface with members, media, the telecommunications industry, allied third-party organizations as well as the public, provide effective communications of NTCA’s policy positions to increase the visibility of the association and enhance its stature, and write for a variety of communications products, as well as for press releases, talking points, and CEO commentaries. You will also have the ability to plan and execute PR communication initiatives, including branding and issue advocacy campaigns.
What will you do?
The ideal candidate will have the following position requirements:
- Strong writing skills; understanding and working knowledge of the press and other media; speechwriting; and other communications strategies; background in public policy issues in regulated industries.
- Understanding and working knowledge of telecommunications industry and rural community and development issues. Understanding and basic knowledge of the publications and editorial process, printing technologies and techniques.
- Understanding of conference program planning and networking facilitation.
- Position requires excellent interpersonal and oral & written communication skills; ability to work independently and under pressure; and developed leadership, planning and public speaking skills.
- Practical knowledge, skills & abilities usually acquired through an undergraduate degree in Public Relations, Journalism or Communications and a minimum of 5-7 years of related work experience.
Why work for us?
NTCA offers competitive salary and excellent benefits including, health and wellness plans, Metro/parking subsidy, flexible work schedules, multiple retirement programs, and many more. We are located in a modern office within walking distance of the Ballston Metro Station.
Job posted: 2022-11-15