Public Relations Manager IV
At MetaBank, we take tremendous pride in our mission to create financial inclusion for all. We are the leader in providing innovative financial solutions for people who have been seemingly overlooked by traditional financial institutions. Our goal is to bring tangible solutions that help people develop a plan, gain access to financial systems, establish liquidity, and get practical, systemic assistance to stay on rack. We operate in several different financial sectors including payments, commercial finance, tax services, and consumer lending. We are in the business of providing services that change lives, and we are confident that MetaBank will be the most rewarding work of your career.
The ideal candidate will be a highly motivated self-starter who thrives in ambiguity, loves variety, moves with a high sense of urgency, and is creative and flexible in an ever-changing environment. Your work will be highly visible and impactful, so you will need to bring passion for our mission and live our Humble, Hungry, and Smart values daily.
- Humble – You lack excessive ego or concerns about status. You’re quick to point out the contributions of others and slow to seek attention for your own. You share credit, emphasize team over self, and define success collectively rather than individually.
- Hungry – You are always looking for more…more things to do, more things to learn and more responsibility to take on. You are self-motivated, diligent, and are consistently thinking about the next step and the next opportunity.
- Smart – Simply stated smart refers to your common sense about people. You are inner personally appropriate and aware. You have good judgement and intuition around the subtleties of group dynamics and the impact of your words and actions.
As a Public Relations Manager you will drive awareness of the company’s mission and products through public relations, content marketing, media relations and digital and social media. You will also implement and execute communication programs and activities across the enterprise and lines of business, and ensure stakeholders understand the organization’s purpose, mission and value.
- Develop and implement integrated communications plans to generate awareness of company brand, products, thought leadership and related activities.
- Develop compelling story lines that can be easily delivered across digital and social media channels.
- Build relationships with top tier and trade reporters to advance mission and narrative.
- Manage and coordinate press and speaking engagements; prepare interview briefs and talking points for subject matter experts. Counsel executives on how to communicate key storylines and messages.
- Develop and execute social media programs to drive awareness and engagement; collaborate with creative services to create engaging social media assets.
- Communicate product launches, success stories and research studies to various audiences.
- Create and write press releases, articles, blog posts and other relevant content.
- Ensure messaging is consistent with the company’s brand.
- Partner closely with Product, Legal, IR and others on cross functional initiatives.
- Measure impact and improve media and content performance across all channels.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Having wide-ranging experience, uses professional concepts and company objectives to resolve complex issues in creative and effective ways. Some barriers to entry exist at this level (e.g., dept/peer review).
- Works on complex issues where analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth evaluation of variable factors. Exercises judgment in selecting methods, techniques, and evaluation criteria for obtaining results. Networks with key contacts outside own area of expertise.
- Determines methods and procedures on new assignments and may coordinate activities of other personnel (Team Lead).
What You Will Need:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent education and work experience.
- Typically, 8+ years with bachelor’s or equivalent.
- Public relations, media relations or communications experience
- Portfolio of thought leadership content (bylines, reports) and related media
- Experience in the financial services industry and/or agency preferred.
- Experience working with senior executives and leadership teams.
- Drives Vision & Purpose
- Communication (verbal & written)
- Manages Complexity
We are a team of problem solvers and innovators who celebrate our differences and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger and well-positioned for success. Our commitment to inclusion is woven into our DNA. We believe that we are strongest when we embrace the voices of our employees, customers, partners, and the communities we serve. We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, religion, age, sexual orientation, national origin, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
Learn more here
Job posted: 2021-10-03