Latest Public Affairs News & Articles
Public Relations Manager (Mobile Devices)
Making the future is everyday life at Samsung. We’re seeking innovators who are called to not just change the world, but build a better one. We enable the best technology hardware on the planet, but our best is always a prototype for something better and our people thrive with a driven mindset – better builds on better. We believe that innovation and growth are driven by an inclusive culture and a diverse workforce. We aim to create a global team where everyone belongs and has equal opportunities, inspiring our talent to be their true selves. Together, we are building a better tomorrow for our customers, partners and communities.
The Manager of Mobile Public Relations is responsible for the creation and implementation of Business-to-Consumer (B2C) communications programs and initiatives to drive awareness for Samsung’s mobile products and services. The manager must have a strategic, creative communication acumen and operational expertise (manage multiple projects) to ensure that Samsung’s PR campaigns deliver measureable impact and compelling stories to increase brand and product awareness.
The manager will also be responsible for managing communications and relationships with key, external partners for the company.
The manager must also liaison with Samsung’s office for global communication strategy to coordinate on media targets, events and general media outreach related to product and service launches.
The role’s responsibilities include developing and executing strategic and tactical plans to generate positive coverage across a broad variety of media and influencer outlets.
This is a hybrid role, working part of the week in the Plano, TX office/part of the week remotely.
Role and Responsibilities
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Develop PR strategies and plans for the mobile business units and their products and services
- Lead day-to-day management of key external partners
- Build and own relationships with top tier, influential consumer tech and lifestyle media
- Identify interesting story angles about the full mobile ecosystem and secure stories that have high potential to attract strong media coverage
- Take an open-ended mandate and give it analysis and structure, culminating in a concrete set of PR objectives and a clear way to achieve them
- Collaborate with global Samsung offices, business groups in Korea and US
- Provide support/management of outside agencies
- Monitor, analyze and communicate PR results on a daily/weekly/monthly/quarterly/annual basis
- Bachelor’s degree in related field required
- Minimum of 6 years of experience leading successful PR strategies is required. Experience leading PR strategies in consumer technology products and services is preferred.
- Must possess strong interpersonal and negotiation skills
- Ability to demonstrate strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work independently with little or no direction; strong decision making skills and problem solving skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment while managing multiple priority projects and deadlines
- Excellent time management, organizational, and project management skills required
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
- This role is required to travel up to 30%
Skills and Qualifications
Necessary Skills and Attributes:
Demonstrated ability to interact at all levels within customer’s organizations. The ability to negotiate with and convince others, in a potentially adversarial environment, including customer leadership, directors and managers with opposing views to accept/approve plans, technical and project recommendations. The ability to plan, organize and prioritize multiple strategic programs and simultaneous performance objectives. The ability to write, read, interpret, explain and act based on a thorough understanding of technical documents, engineering materials and contracts or related documents. Ability to make professional sales and business presentations in writing, through email, reports, or orally, including complex business and technical matters to an audience of high technical skills, management and operational experience. Ability to support a cross-functional Samsung team to achieve customer contracted objectives and specific team goals within established time frames and requirements. Assist in and if needed direct the Samsung team in lab and field trials related to introduction of products sold to the customer.
Work is generally performed in an office environment. Operate a computer keyboard and view a video display terminal between more than 50% of work time, including prolonged periods of time. Requires considerable work utilizing high visual acuity / detail, numeric / character distinction and moderate hand / finger dexterity. The movement and transportation of equipment, most of the time is under 25 pounds. Performs work under time schedules and stress which are normally periodic or cyclical, including time sensitive deadlines, intellectual challenges and project management deadlines. Machines, tools, equipment, and work aids include PC’s, printers, copiers, faxes and other equipment commonly associated with an office work area. May require working additional hours beyond normal schedule. Travel varies depending on position.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2022-07-13