Public Relations Manager, Physical Retail Technology
The Amazon Public Relations team is seeking a driven, detail-oriented and savvy technology PR professional for the role of Public Relations Manager, Physical Retail Technology. The person who fills this role will be responsible for driving PR activities related to the technology used in Amazon’s physical retail stores and third-party solutions such as Just Walk Out Technology. The position can be based in Seattle, WA or Washington, D.C.
The successful candidate will be a self-starter who can clearly formulate and communicate PR recommendations and plans to both peers and executives, drive collaborative decisions and deliver results. He/she will also be comfortable providing counsel and guidance to a wide variety of counterparts crossing a number of disciplines. Additionally, this role will consistently work with a range of media contacts. The ideal candidate will have extensive media relations experience pitching news, and a track record of driving positive news cycles and in-depth stories in the technology space.
· Lead proactive PR announcements and launches
· Develop and manage relationships with a range of top-tier media contacts, including those in the technology space
· Write and evolve messaging and talking points in a thoughtful and strategic way
· Develop strategy and drive execution of high-visibility executive speaking opportunities
· Build and execute PR plans, including communicating plans internally and securing leadership approvals
· Drive proactive technology-forward storytelling efforts
· Successfully manage complex, fast-moving and unexpected communications challenges, both proactively and reactively
· Willingness to represent Amazon as a spokesperson
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
· Bachelor’s degree
· 8+ years of technology public relations experience
· Experience executing launches, press events and speaking engagements
· Crisis communications and issues management experience
· Current experience managing media relationships and a network of technology media contacts
· Experience in industry analyst relations
· The ability to dive deep on subject matters to provide thoughtful and comprehensive recommendations for a variety of complex situations
· Experience engaging and building consensus with leaders at all levels
· Understanding of AP Style
Learn more here
Job posted: 2021-03-08