Public Relations & Media Specialist
Performs public relations and media activities for communication programs for a variety
of government and private sector clients. Primary functions including but not limited to
are planning, coordination, implementation and evaluation of
• public relations programs;
• media relations plans;
• production and distribution of multimedia materials; and
• market research.
Orchestrates, coordinates and executes special events, book tours, concerts and art
shows, special presentations, public meetings, discussion groups, film showings, trade
shows and exhibits, and conferences.
Directs media activities including but not limited to media and spokesperson training,
materials development and dissemination (press releases, speeches, briefings, media
advisories, scripts, fact sheets and other resources), media pitching and story placement,
and outreach activities (partnerships, press events, and interviews).
Creates materials and coordinates production and distribution of multimedia products
including but not limited to: web streaming, satellite media tours, PSAs, VNRs, ANRs,
on-demand packages, documentaries, audio tours, commercials, and new media targeted
to multiple audiences.
Oversees market research activities including but not limited to public opinion polls,
focus groups, intercepts, media placement analysis, trade shows interactions,
environmental scans and needs assessments.
Performs other promotional and outreach duties required.
Participates in company-wide business development, and marketing activities. Position
may require occasional domestic and international travel.
• Bachelor’s degree, in communications, political science or related field
• 8 years experience working in journalism, public relations, or media development
• 3 years experience working with national and international media
• Project management, budget monitoring and staff supervision
• Demonstrated ability to work tight deadlines in a fast-paced environment and
handle multiple assignments, and work well with other interdisciplinary teams
• Proven record of customer satisfaction, detailed oriented and extremely organized
• Exceptional communication and writing ability
• Experience targeting multicultural and age-specific audiences
• Content knowledge in any of the following areas: health, environment, science and
technology, humanities, socio anthropology, arts, and entertainment preferred
• Knowledge of word processing, database, spreadsheets and project management
software and general office communication equipment
Learn more here
Job posted: 2020-12-15