Public Relations (PR) Manager, PATRON
About the role
- To champion, promote and deliver best in class PR, Publicity and Influencer strategy, plans and execution that embed PATRÓN into the cultural conversation of consumers and into the hearts and minds of the bartending/advocacy community.
- Regularly liaise and collaborate with PATRÓN brand marketing team, working closely with the VP, Marketing PATRÓN, Global and Corporate Communications team members, as well as cross-functional Bacardi stakeholders
- Serve as the day-to-day agency contact overseeing the PR/influencer agency partners, ensuring flawless execution and rigorous measurement
- Support the Global Director of Communications, Culture & Brand Partnerships with the annual PR strategy and activity calendar, as well as goal setting and robust measurement + evaluation, to merchandise results to the business and gather insights for future growth
- Assist in the development of the tentpole PR moments for the annual plan and lead press office plans for U.S. to ensure consistent ‘always on’ 365 days stream of media coverage to drive share of voice for PATRÓN
- Strengthen relationships with key members of the media, serve as key point of contact for media and work with agencies to ensure a steady stream of media coverage year round
- Draft succinct and compelling press materials, including press releases, pitches, media alerts, brand message houses, internal communications, statements, Q&As and more
- Work closely with inter-agency teams to collaborate across earned, owned and paid channels
- Activate and execute the brand’s influencer strategy— from brief development, identification, negotiation, content development through to execution
- Partner with the PATRÓN Social Brand Manager to ensure collaboration across PR & organic social to optimize results for the brand as well as to identify new opportunities and develop innovative activations for PATRÓN across PR and social
- Liaise with internal communications on reporting and merchandising program highlights and results within the business
- Assist in developing key messaging, briefing and media training for executives, brand ambassadors or talent spokespersons to ensure soundbites are compelling for media
Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree from four-year College or University, preferably with focus on Communications/PR
- Minimum 5 years of PR experience required; the ideal candidate will have experience in consumer goods, specifically alcohol beverage (PR agency or large brand entity)
- Proven ability to think strategically and expertise in delivering culture-defining PR, Influencer and Communications work for iconic global brands with cultural platforms, executing brilliantly to build brand awareness and allure.
- Passion for media relations and brand storytelling with a proven ability to develop and execute PR strategies rooted in insights
- Ability to lead and manage large-scale projects. This someone who gets things done, plans and executes with excellence and is able to work in a fast-paced environment, multitask & prioritize assignments.
- An experienced strong communicator with the ability to influence multiple-stakeholders; you’ll have a track-record in partnering with Executives, Brand Spokespeople, Ambassadors and Influencers to deliver outstanding Comms campaigns, this will stand you in good stead to ensure alignment, understanding and buy-in.
- Experience identifying, negotiating, and activating influencers and media-worthy Talent to drive noise and editorial coverage
- This person knows how to advise and execute across traditional media publicity, events, digital and video communications; social and influencer activations and partnerships
- Keen understanding of the North American / U.S. media landscape is as must
- Strong understanding of PR and social media, including new and emerging channels and analytics tools including Cision, Tagger and TalkWalker
- Excellent oral and written communications skills – including presentations and media materials – and an ability to develop materials under tight timelines
- Experience managing a budget
- Flexible to travel if needed, and to work flexible hours
- A true culture vulture: you are passionate about culture, you are always reading the news (often breaking the news to your friends) and delivering great work that is creative, while delivering on the business objectives.
- Embodying a Family & Founder’s mentality; an entrepreneurial spirit with the ability to be self-directed are highly prized qualities in this team.
- Candidate must be able to work autonomously, leading projects and reporting back into various teams across Brand and Comms on progress, issues, and successes.
- Personal traits including gravitas, strongly articulate, tenacity, creativity, curiosity, and the ability to connect the dots and get things done
- You have a Fearless mentality by doing what is right for your brand by highlighting successes but also highlighting failures and learning from them.
- Belonging: You have a strong capacity to create a culture of ‘Belonging’, where people feel appreciated for who they are, what they do, and who they can become
- Self-Awareness: You have high levels of self-awareness, are reflective and know yourself well, understanding both your own strengths and weaknesses and your impact on others
- People Agility: You bring a deep ability to understand and relate to people and navigate through tough situations to harness and multiply collective performance
- Results Agility: You demonstrate consistent delivery of results in first-time situations by inspiring teams, exhibiting a presence that builds confidence in yourself and others.
- Mental Agility: You can think critically to penetrate complex problems and expand the possibilities by making fresh connections. You think strategically whilst being execution focused and bring creativity to the challenges you’re presented with
- Change Agility: You have a deep natural curiosity, desire to experiment and ability to effectively deal with the heat of change. You have a growth and learning mindset: ready to test, stumble, learn and apply from experience
We share the passion and entrepreneurial flair of our founder and are guided by our three culture pillars – Fearless, Family and Founders, they inspire our Primos to be the best they can be and drive us forward in all we do. But what does this mean?
· Being Fearless; means adopting an agile mindset, being comfortable trying new things and taking risks. We are empowered to question, challenge and innovate.
· Family; We treat each other, and our communities, like Family. Always.
· Founders; The spirit of entrepreneurship is at the heart of everything we do. We see the business as if it’s our own. We do the right thing for the business and we all take accountability for our work.
When you join Bacardi, you become part of our family and gain more than just a job.
Disclaimer: Bacardi is an equal opportunity employer that values workforce diversity. Diversity is core to our business: by embedding diversity into all aspects of our culture, we maximize the opportunity to achieve sustainable business success and growth. The duties and responsibilities described in the role profile might not be a comprehensive list.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2021-03-18