Latest Public Affairs News & Articles
Public Relations Reputation & Issues Management Supervisor
We have a message to get out: we’re growing. Fast. ALDI is one of the fastest-growing retailers in the nation, and we are charting an aggressive growth course to become the third-largest U.S. grocery retailer by store count by the end of 2022. That’s why we need people dedicated to helping us connect with our new customers and keeping our current customers coming back for more! On our Marketing, Advertising and PR teams, you can do just that, showing the nation just what kind of company we are. With a thriving organization like ours, this can make for a rewarding career.
In this role the Reputation & Issues Management Supervisor will lead day-to-day work for the Issues and Reputation Management team, serving as senior counsel for all divisional, CR, QA and other issues that affect the business. The Reputation & Issues Management Supervisor will be responsible for managing our agency partner and will be the key point of contact for key internal stakeholders. After hours and weekend issues support will be required on an ad hoc basis.
Position Type: Full-Time
Starting Salary: $85,000.00
Work Location: Aurora, IL
This role is eligible to participate in ALDI’s Hybrid Work Program, which allows remote work up to 3 days per week (i.e., work remotely up to 3 days per week; work in-office at least 2 days per week).
Duties and Responsibilities:
Must be able to perform duties with or without reasonable accommodation.
• Establishes and communicates job responsibilities and performance expectations to their direct reports to assure mutual understanding and desired results.
• Recruits and recommends qualified employees for their team’s staff positions.
• Identifies training and development opportunities that will assist their direct reports in achieving enhanced performance.
• Understands the overarching company strategy, as well as communicates and models the core values of the organization, to create a sense of teamwork and membership among employees.
• Works with appropriate management and corporate affairs colleagues to develop and manage certain communications, announcements and stakeholder activities pertaining to issues management.
• Proposes changes to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of the marketing process, strategy, and tactics; communicates approved changes to direct reports.
• Provides input to their direct leader on hiring for positions reporting to them.
• Informs management of major team milestones, developments, and concerns.
• Expands and supervises the Issues Management team to assist with issues affecting the ALDI brand.
• Supervises the training of new employees and the ongoing development of the team.
• Leads and guides the work of direct reports ensuring compliance with established policies and procedures.
• Supervises day-to-day issues management liaison between agency, customer service, corporate responsibility, and legal counsel for issues that present significant external challenges to the company’s reputation and business operations.
• Understands the ALDI business and its environment to effectively collaborate and discuss across organizational boundaries.
• Demonstrates an understanding of research techniques, including analysis of media coverage and online conversation, and identification and categorization of various stakeholder.
• Forecasts and manages multiple annual budgets; identify and implement cost saving opportunities.
• Manages multiple projects by anticipating challenges, troubleshooting problems, proposing solutions, managing quality, and ensuring deadline adherence.
• Demonstrates an understanding of the differences in writing styles depending on the outlet, channel and audience via multiple media platforms.
• Supports implementation of the corporate crisis communications management plan.
• Implements strategic communications plans as it pertains to the management of individual issues.
• Supports the Customer Service and Corporate Responsibility teams on research, writing, and other matters as required.
• Supports the Quality Assurance team as the main point of contact for handling communications related to Emergency Product Withdrawals.
• Manages internal correspondence.
• Supervises the day-to-day operations of their team, escalating issues to the appropriate level of support and/or leadership when necessary.
• Assures direct reports complete assigned responsibilities in a timely and effective manner to provide the highest level of customer service for the business.
• Other duties as assigned.
ALDI Acts Competencies:
Perform within ALDI Acts competencies as outlined below.
• Develops Others: Takes action to ensure that individuals and the team have the necessary behaviors to perform optimally and meet current and future strategic goals.
• Drives for Success: Seizes opportunities and proactively takes concrete actions to complete tasks. Goes the “extra mile” and persistently overcomes obstacles to improve outputs.
• Focuses on the Customer: Seeks to understand underlying customer needs to create value. Drives the team to maintain focus on customers.
• Focuses on Results: Sets a strategic vision for team and focuses attention on obtaining the best result for the team, department and ALDI overall.
• Leads and Aligns: Creates an energizing environment that supports the success of the team. Provides consistent direction and motivation in the current environment and in times of change.
• Gives attention to detail and follows instruction.
• Ability to develop rapport, trust, and open communication that enhances the growth and performance of direct reports.
• Conflict management skills.
• Problem-solving skills.
• Understands the history, strategy, organizational authority, interdependence of job duties, products, systems, and services of the company.
• Ability to stay organized and multi-task in a professional and efficient manner.
• Thinks critically and analytically – able to assess risk and issues, providing proactive solutions.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Prepares written materials to meet audience and purpose.
• Proficient in Microsoft Suite.
• People management skills.
• Good sense of judgement, discretion and confidentiality.
Education and Experience:
• Associate’s Degree in Public Relations, Public Affairs or a related field required.
• A minimum of 3 years of progressive experience in Public Relations required.
• Or, a combination of education and experience providing equivalent knowledge.
• Experience in Corporate Communications or with retail or food and beverage industry preferred.
• Work may be performed in an office, remote office or a combination of both where a computer and office equipment may be used as needed to perform duties.
• Regularly required to sit, reach, grasp, stand and move from one area to another.
• Constantly and repeatedly use keyboard/mouse.
• Occasionally required to push, pull, bend, lift and move up to 25 lbs.
• Minimal travel required as needed for job related duties such as training, project work and administrative tasks.
ALDI offers competitive wages and benefits, including:
- 401(k) Plan
- Company 401(k) Matching Contributions
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- PerkSpot National Discount Program
In addition, eligible employees are offered:
- Medical, Prescription, Dental & Vision Insurance
- Generous Vacation Time & 7 Paid Holidays
- Up to 6 Weeks Paid Parental Leave at 100% of pay
- Up to 2 Weeks Paid Caregiver Leave at 100% of pay
- Short and Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Life, Dependent Life and AD&D Insurance
- Voluntary Term Life Insurance
Click here to learn more about the benefits ALDI has to offer
ALDI is committed to equal opportunity for all employees and applicants. As a proud Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE), we do not discriminate based on race, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, religion, sex, sexual stereotyping, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, mental or physical disability, medical condition, genetic information, military or veteran status, pregnancy (which includes pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), or any other protected characteristic. Employment may be contingent upon ALDI’s receipt of an acceptable and job-related drug test, motor vehicle report, and/or reference check, as applicable and permissible by law.
Click here to learn more about diversity, equity & inclusion at ALDI
Job posted: 2023-05-22