Public Relations Senior Manager-Financial Services-Deloitte’s Green Dot Agency
Are you a public relations professional who is unafraid to think differently, always thinks strategically, and knows how to build strong reporter relationships? A team player who can creatively build public relations efforts tied to business objectives. We are seeking a passionate and experienced leader to shape Deloitte’s FSI business storytelling in the news media and with other audiences. If this is you, hit the “apply now” button!
- Serve as a strategic trusted advisor to leadership, business and key stakeholders across the practice
- Develop and drive public relations programs that help explain how the FSI practice is making an impact for our clients and the public, and position us to grow work with current clients and perspective clients
- Develop public relations strategies focused on key business priorities and execute this strategy across priority campaigns to build Deloitte’s brand in the marketplace
- Collaborate closely with the FSI marketing team as well as other Deloitte industry PR leads, and public relations leads across Deloitte’s businesses to ensure messaging, reporter outreach, and signature issue positioning are aligned
- Manage external public relations agencies, tracking budgets, monthly reporting and delivery of support to meet business goals
- Build and/or strengthen key reporter relationships, staying current on relevant news outlets, reporters and their areas of focus, and proactively pitch Deloitte leaders, thought leadership and client impact stories
- Prepare spokespeople and leaders for media interviews and speaking engagements by providing refresher media training as appropriate and facilitating and coordinating media training for spokespeople when required.
- Employ strong project management skills and juggle multiple tasks simultaneously, consistently delivering high quality results
- Communications professional with a minimum of 12+ years relevant experience
- A Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Communications, English, Public Relations or Journalism
- Deep understanding of the FSI landscape, with a strong background in media relations best practices, reporter engagement, connection and use of social media to amplify media coverage
- Proven success in developing and executing external communications strategy and communications plans for a large business, preferably in professional services
- Experience developing and executing executive positioning programs and working with senior leaders, collaborating across a multi-disciplinary marketing team
- Executive presence and strong communication skills, comfortable managing to results – providing strategic counsel, asking good questions, challenging the status quo, suggesting alternatives and articulating pros and cons
- High level of comfort with ambiguity and fluid priorities; ability to manage multiple and complex priorities efficiently and effectively
- Ability to successfully engage and lead team members, providing effective guidance, coaching and capability development, maintaining close understanding of all team activities, ensuring high quality for all activities/deliverables, and implementing course corrections when needed
- Ability to successfully engage and manage an external PR agency
- Ability to make connections in a highly matrixed environment, with an eye on collaboration and integration, across all levels of the organization
- Strong listening and persuasive communication skills; able to gain consensus through influence and be able to pivot when warranted
- Experience in measuring the effectiveness of communication strategies
- Expert-level proficiency with Microsoft PowerPoint, Outlook and Word. Knowledgeable in all aspects of Microsoft Office and ancillary programs
How You’ll Grow
At Deloitte, our professional development plan focuses on helping people at every level of their career to identify and use their strengths to do their best work every day. From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there is always room to learn. We offer opportunities to help sharpen skills in addition to hands-on experience in the global, fast-changing business world. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs at Deloitte University, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career. Explore Deloitte University, The Leadership Center.
From developing a stand out resume to putting your best foot forward in the interview, we want you to feel prepared and confident as you explore opportunities at Deloitte. Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte recruiters.
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits. Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean for you.
Our people and culture
Our diverse, equitable, and inclusive culture empowers our people to be who they are, contribute their unique perspectives, and make a difference individually and collectively. It enables us to leverage different ideas and perspectives, and bring more creativity and innovation to help solve our client most complex challenges. This makes Deloitte one of the most rewarding places to work. Learn more about our inclusive culture.
From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there’s always room to learn. We offer opportunities to build new skills, take on leadership opportunities and connect and grow through mentorship. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career. Learn more about our commitment to developing our people.
As used in this posting, “Deloitte” means Deloitte Services LP, a subsidiary of Deloitte LLP. Please see www.deloitte.com/us/about for a detailed description of the legal structure of Deloitte LLP and its subsidiaries.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or protected veteran status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.
Deloitte will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws. See notices of various ban-the-box laws where available.
Requisition code: 34875
Learn more here
Job posted: 2021-07-18