Public Relations Specialist
We serve. We respect our team. We innovate. We are consistent. We are accountable. We do it right.
More than 1.7 million guests enjoy the Princess experience each year as they travel to destinations around the world. It takes a talented and dedicated team to create lifetime memories for our guests. We offer a variety of opportunities for highly motivated people who seek a challenging and rewarding career. We offer a collaborative work environment and are dedicated to our employees’ growth and well-being, including enriching travel opportunities. Our corporate offices are located in downtown Santa Clarita (about 30 miles north of downtown Los Angeles) in beautiful Southern California.
Our Culture… Stronger Together:
Our highest responsibility, and therefore our top priorities, are always compliance; environmental protection; and the health, safety, and well-being of our guests, the people in places we visit, and our Princess family, both shoreside, and shipboard. Please visit our site to learn more about our Culture Essentials, Corporate Vision Statement and our Core Values at: https://www.princess.com/aboutus/culture-framework/
Princess Cruises is currently searching for a highly motivated Public Relations Specialist who effectively manages media relations and media events for the brand in support of the Director, Public Relations. Interfaces with team members at all levels of the company including senior executives and fosters relationships with key constituent and influencers outside the company.
· Fields the majority of media queries and generates response with timely and accurate information to meet deadlines. Presents recommendations for media opportunities to manager, including executive media interviews and broadcast opportunities, preparing briefs as appropriate
· Oversees the Reviews all incoming media FAM requests (reactive) and presents recommendations to manager based on outlet, reach and potential story placement. Manages media cruise concessions, travel arrangements including air, hotel and transfers with team coordinator, and executive assistant.
· Communicates with media to provide guidance to confirm bookings, reserve tours and schedule, develop and produce press kits materials and follow up for story placement. Proactively communicates with hosted media to provide further support and determine what additional product information is needed for story development
· Coordinate with the UK and Australia offices to track hosted media and oversees the creation of a summary report, including measurement. Works with Manager of International Public Relations to receive Asia results to include in overall report
· Works with agency partner to develop a list of FAM media candidates (proactive) based on strategic direction of editorial goals and sourcing yearly priorities Presents list to director to recommend journalists to host for best editorial placements, audience reach and ROI.
· Serves as Princess public relations host on press trips and manages all communication to the ship, port agents, product teams and to senior executives.
· Works with senior events manager on the planning and logistical implementation of media events both shoreside and onboard Princess ships. Leads the media component of the events, preparing media lists, invitations, managing RSVPs and confirmation emails. Handles initial drafts of executive and spokesperson messaging Works closely with senior events manager to ensure events elements are planned properly for the media.
· Directly communicates with talent/celebrity, spokesperson and works with senior events manager and PR coordinator to manages travel, accommodations and transfers for ship launches, in-port functions and special events. Works with PR coordinator who handles logistical coordination with air department, port agents and outside hotel and transportation vendors.
· Acts as contact for the media and talent/spokesperson onsite and for variety of outside vendors related to media relations components of the event including audio/visual, video production, transportation, gift ordering, uniforms and other miscellaneous needs. Works with senior events manager on team assignment for various tasks.
· Hosts events as requested to provide on-site management, coordination and team support.
· Manages news release schedule by identifying, drafting and routing release for approval in timely manner to meet distribution timing. Additional communications including proof reading and distribution through web-based programs (PR Newswire and Agility); collaborates with marketing to recommend and confirm news release hyperlinks are loaded, working and trackable.
· Manages online newsroom and decides appropriate sections of web page for materials to be posted.
· Ensures materials are posted and updated in a timely manner and assigns to support staff as needed.
· Drafts and updates existing media materials for the department. These include, ship and product fact sheets.
· Monitors and measures editorial media placements and independently creates monthly and “ad-hoc” special reports for analysis by Director and Vice President. Analyzes coverage to ensure goals are met with publication, reach and product mentions in stories. Generates ROI reports and provide analysis on measured data.
· Researches appropriate media contacts, maintains monitoring and media lists platforms to update contacts, key words and search functions.
· Reviews media placements and reports based on product launches, hosted trips and trade coverage. Provides accurate reporting to Director and Vice President.
· Keeps abreast of competitive news within the cruise and travel industries by regularly reading industry trade publications. Alerts Director and Vice President of critical information
· Recommends vendors and participates in review of new vendors to ensure our partners are all “best in class” and proactively liaises with vendors on critical system updates; makes recommendations to director
· Assists in the compilation of monthly data and highlights accomplishments Board Report and meets submission deadline.
· Miscellaneous assignments; could include media shoot staffing aboard ships, representing the company while attending events.
· Bachelor’s degree in public relations, communications, journalism or related field.
· 3-5 years of experience in public relations; agency or corporation experience preferred.
· Successful track record of securing media placements and independently handling multiple and complex events and initiatives.
· Outstanding communication skills – written and verbal – are required to interact with senior management, other departments, outside agencies and both shoreside and shipboard colleagues
· Strong ability to generate – at times on short notice – business communications, promotional messages, media statements, news releases and crisis communications messages
· Excited by the limitless editorial opportunities for Princess Cruises and eager to learn and adapt to the changing earned media landscape
· Very strong analytical skills with ability to proactively present and resolve complex issues and results, with minimal supervision from Director.
· Possess the ability to analyze media results and calculate ROI for paid, owned and earned media.
· Independent thinker with outstanding time management skills – track record of managing multiple projects with the ability to manage priorities that change on a daily basis.
· Availability to travel periodically – including outside of regular work hours and weekends – in order to serve as key point person for media events and host of Press FAMs.
· Critical thinking skills to make on-the-spot decisions when working with or hosting media, consumer influencers and celebrities.
· Proficient in software including WORD, EXCEL, Powerpoint, Photoshop or similar photo/graphic viewing and editing software programs.
· Experience with media monitoring platforms like Cision, and news release distribution like Agility (PR Newswire) preferred.
· Proficient in AP STYLE
· Travel industry or consumer brand experience
· Cruise and Travel Privileges for you and your family
· Health Benefits
· Employee Stock Purchase Plan
· Training & Professional Development
· Rewards & Incentives
Next Steps… Apply today and set sail on an exciting new career course! Our goal is to be the number one cruise and cruise-tour provider. To make that happen, we need qualified, top-notch team members. If you’re looking to get your talent noticed, apply today! Our application process is quick and easy: Apply online at http://princess.com/careers. Enter the job title into the keyword search to access the job. If you are already on the Princess Cruises website be sure to create a profile and then apply directly to your specific job.
Princess Cruises is an equal opportunity employer, committed to the strength of a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
Princess will provide reasonable accommodations with the application process, upon your request, as required to comply with applicable laws. If you have a disability and require assistance in this application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2021-02-28