Public Relations Specialist
At COUNTRY Financial, our Public Relations Specialist develops integrated PR plans and tactics that increase brand awareness and consideration in assigned markets and supports corporate and marketing objectives. Major functions of the role include working with business partners to develop PR plans (using earned, owned, sponsored and paid media tactics), pitching stories to reporters and assignment editors and developing content (press releases, newspaper columns, talking points, scripts, social media content, etc.) that supports corporate and marketing programs, as well as agency (sales) force activations.
This position protects and enhances the reputation of COUNTRY Financial through external communications. Supports corporate vision, mission and objectives through communication planning, message development and delivery to ensure the right messages get to the right audiences using the appropriate medium based on best practices and which meet legal, compliance, brand and other standards. Ensures consistency of messages and alignment with corporate objectives and values.
Due to the coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic, we are currently limiting the number of employees in our offices. This position will begin working in a remote capacity and will be expected to return to the assigned office location following a broader return to work announcement.
- Serves as spokesperson for the organization, handling contact with newspaper, magazine, radio, television, trade press and social media.
- Trains leadership and other company spokespeople to deliver messages through various external communication mediums.
- Actively monitors reputational threats and potential threats that could damage the reputation of COUNTRY and recommends strategies to manage them (i.e. reputation audits, proactive and reactive media responses, etc.).
- Responsible for analyzing, recommending, developing and implementing news media strategies for the organization with a focus on our Vision and corporate strategies. Supports corporate project teams as a Public Affairs and Media Relations representative.
- At least 7 years of public relations experience in an agency or corporate setting.
- Previous experience securing media coverage with national and regional media outlets and developing integrated media campaigns (earned, owned, paid and sponsored).
- Strong project management, writing and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to coach company leaders, subject matter experts and agency force to serve as media spokespeople and to give speeches to internal and external audiences.
- Typically requires:
- Bachelor’s degree and at least 5 years of public relations experience OR,
- Master’s degree and at least 3 years of public relations experience OR,
- At least 7 years of public relations experience.
- Normal office environment.
- Work may extend beyond normal business hours as business needs dictate.
For more details about careers at COUNTRY Financial®, please visit us online at www.countryfinancial.com/careers.
COUNTRY Financial does not generally sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Job posted: 2021-03-08