Public Relations Specialist
Parenthetic seeks an experienced Public Relations Specialist to work closely with the team as well as the client to develop strategic communication plans and craft products that tell a compelling story and align with the client’s goals.
In this role, you will apply your knowledge of communication and marketing principles to identify topics and themes, messages, messengers, and channels that will be most effective with intended audiences and attaining a desired end-goal. The successful candidate will be an expert writer and easily balance multiple tasks. Prior communications experience with government clients is a plus.
You’re poised and approachable, able to work independently and in partnership with senior executives/employees, and confident in offering communications counsel to clients. You thrive in fast-paced, action-oriented environments and are able to reprioritize quickly and meet changing deadlines.
The position will require some on-site work in Washington, DC. Candidates must have a current Top Secret security clearance and be SCI eligible (i.e., possess SCI or have had SCI in the last 24 months).
- Organize information from various sources, including interviews with subject matter experts, and produce written materials in clear, concise language without loss of technical meaning and with meticulous attention to logic, consistency, and accuracy.
- In partnership with the team, research, write, and edit press releases, fact sheets, FAQs, talking points, and presentations that align with the organization’s goals.
- Convey information concerning complex programs and functions to audiences having diverse levels of understanding of the organization’s program and activities.
- Evaluate, adapt, and apply marketing techniques and communications best practices to our clients’ problem sets.
- Monitor and assess global events related to clients’ objectives and areas of responsibility, ensuring relevant information is integrated into communication planning.
- Participate in meetings to gather and synthesize information and identify opportunities to develop and/or improve communications.
Work Experience and Skills:
- Bachelor’s or advanced degree (preferably in Communications, Marketing, English or Political Science) and 5+ years work experience tied to strategic communications, marketing, public relations and/or content development.
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills, with ability to share insights and findings clearly and concisely.
- Experience with communications and social influence/media analysis, to include an understanding of relevant theories and principles.
- Intellectual curiosity and a willingness to learn about complex, highly technical topics
- Skilled at drawing meaningful and objective conclusions based on qualitative and quantitative research from multiple, disparate sources. Openness to new perspectives, ideas, and analytical methodologies.
- Demonstrated initiative and resourcefulness with a hands-on approach to problem solving.
- Ability to work directly with clients and develop relationships on behalf of the company.
Candidates must have a current Top Secret security clearance and be SCI eligible (i.e., possess SCI or have had SCI in the last 24 months).
- Experience with content performance measurement and analysis.
- Experience with audience analysis, segmentation, and targeting.
- Familiarity with DoD communications.
- Prior experience communicating directly with government customers.
Parenthetic is headquartered in Alexandria, VA and offers competitive salary, generous and flexible paid time-off policy, comprehensive medical, dental, and vision benefits, and a retirement plan with company match.
Parenthetic is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, or any other group protected by federal, state, or local law.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2021-04-12