Public Relations Specialist – Contractor
Huawei is a leading global information and communications technology (ICT) solutions provider. Through our dedication to customer-centric innovation and strong partnerships, we have established end-to-end advantages in telecom networks, devices and cloud computing. We are committed to creating maximum value for telecom operators, enterprises and consumers by providing competitive solutions and services. Our products and solutions have been deployed in over 170 countries, serving more than one third of the world’s population. Huawei has over 180,000 employees, approximately 80,000 of which are engaged in Research & development. Huawei operates a global network of 12 regional headquarters, 14 R&D Centers, 36 Innovation Centers jointly operated with customers, and 45 Training Centers. Huawei is leading the way by rethinking the future. From devices to telecom infrastructure to cloud computing and convergence solutions, we are rethinking every link in the chain with ICT based innovation to deliver a better future…faster.
Huawei provides you the opportunity to help shape the future of telecommunications… everywhere.
As a Public Affairs Specialist(Social Media), you’ll leverage your experience in and passion for social media marketing, handling social editorial publishing and community management plans for the Huawei Technologies USA brand. This role will work directly with the head of corporate social media in the U.S. to bring compelling digital stories across social channels while building social influence.
As part of the U.S. public affairs team, the Public Affairs Specialist(Social Media) will demonstrate exceptional collaboration and communication skills as you partner and quickly adapt large-scale plans and messages to meet the needs of one of the most dynamic technology brands on the planet.
- Deliver on the global social media strategy and execute across all Huawei Technologies USA managed social media channels
- Coordinate U.S. editorial content calendar and messaging, while collaborating with both internal stakeholders and external partners to develop content that is dynamic, engaging and reflective of the Huawei brand
- Uphold Huawei social voice consistently across all social media channels and maintain communication with HQ and international social media team members to ensure our message is globally aligned
- Assist the head of U.S. corporate social media to build partnerships with select global/elite influencers to drive brand awareness and reach
- Coordinate with outside agency to develop regular reporting on content performance as well as activations and engagement
- Find engagement opportunities, trends and issues through social listening
- Lead engagement tactics including post copy and responses across all USA corporate social media channels
- Upload, publish and update content across all USA corporate social media channels
- Assist team members and outside agency with paid social media campaigns and other social media marketing tactics
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent practical experience
- 2-5 years of social media community management experience
- Experience working with consumer and enterprise B2B brands; technology industry preferred
- Experience implementing organic and paid social media strategies
- Experience managing social media channels via content publishing platforms
- Basic graphic design abilities to create social graphics and GIFs
- Fluent in written and spoken English; preference to fluency in Chinese.
Huawei Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Job posted: 2021-07-25