Public Relations Specialist – Government and Public Affairs
Malouf is a fast-growing, values-based company that routinely tops national “Best Places to Work” lists.
This person will work with our Government Affairs department, along with senior management, to develop and implement internal and external communications tools, both, to raise awareness of Malouf’s position on public policy issues, and how the company’s position helps it to connect with its audiences and stakeholders. The ideal candidate for this position works fast, excels at organization and strategy, and prioritizes complex initiatives. He or she should enjoy collaboration but possess the diligence and time management skills to execute work independently.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Partner with internal teams to understand company goals and initiatives and how to advance them at the national level
- Manage press plans, calendars, and timelines according to those goals and initiatives
- Write and distribute a high volume of communications work including press releases, OpEds, briefing documents, social media content, annual reports, brochures, presentations, newsletters, etc.
- Ideate strategy for high-impact national stories on a variety of issues, from non-profit initiatives to trade policy
- Develop and maintain positive professional relationships with the local, national, and international media
- Outreach to national news outlets including: major news channels, political editors, political and law review journals
- React, as a member of the public relations team, to breaking news and crisis communication
Qualifications and Requirements
- 5-10 years of experience in communications, public relations, etc.; BS/BA in related discipline strongly desired
- Passion for public policy, government affairs, and non-profit work
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills required
- Experience working with the print, broadcast, digital and social media across external and internal audiences
- Knowledge of political landscape and policy developments
- Collaborative self-starter with strong project management capabilities
- Ability to distill complex concepts into relatable stories for mainstream media
- Strong collaborative skills with the ability to work with a diverse group of people
- Ability to adapt well to change in direction and priority in a fast- paced and deadline-oriented environment
- Experience in a political or government MarCom role, political journalism or government PR experience is strongly recommended for success in this position
- Insurance premiums paid 100% by Malouf
- HSA eligible health plan
- Dental, including orthodontics
- Basic life
- Short-term disability: voluntary
- Long-term disability
- Company-matched 401k
- Free daily gourmet lunch provided by the Malouf Kitchen
- Paid maternity and paternity leave
- On-site fitness center
- On-site monthly salon appointment
- Product discounts
Learn more at www.maloufsleep.com.
We are an EOE/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
Job posted: 2021-03-20