Public Relations Specialist II
Serco-NA is seeking a motivated individual to provide public affairs and programmatic support to one of our NAVSEA customers. Serco-NA has an opening for a Public Affairs Specialist to support an active contract with the U.S. Navy in the Washington, DC area. This position will support the Director of Congressional and Public Affairs in advising the Program Executive Officer for Submarines (PEO SUB) in strategic communications for acquisition and program management support of technology surprise that could affect the US military capability balance.
Specific tasks include but are not limited to:
- Prepares briefs, press releases, newswire stories and briefing documents for flag officers, SES, and senior leadership within Team Submarine.
- Works with SMEs to develop talking points and media responses for related media inquires.
- Researches current CNO and SECNAV speeches and media interviews for relevant talking points.
- Able to work with Navy Public Affairs Officers inside and outside of the Chain of Command.
- Develops communication plans for various program offices within PEO Submarines.
- Provides daily news clips report for PEO SUB senior leadership and program managers.
- Drafts public affairs guidance and staffs media interviews between reporters and SME’s.
- Manages internal Public Affairs SharePoint Site.
- Manages public release approval process for Team Submarine.
- Drafts speeches for keel laying, christenings, retirements, Change of Commands, and other public events for 2-Star Admiral.
- Prepares media coverage reports for various Navy related topics.
- Tracks media inquiries and responses for TSUB and assists in the review process.
- Handles TSUB FOIA requests.
- Works with graphic designers and other contract support to create graphics deliverables.
- Assist congressional support with research and related requests.
- Photographer for TSUB related events.
- Updates online fact sheets and background information for TSUB.
- Coordinates VIP and General Admission invitations for Christenings and Commissionings.
- Records manager for the front office.
- Track issues and problems through to resolution; and respond to related questions and correspondence.
- Schedule and coordinate speaking engagements and the associated logistics related to the presentation of material.
- Research and write/create new presentations, speeches and communication pieces that address complex and high-profile issues.
- Meet with the customer on a regular basis. Advise and consult with the customer on messaging and communications strategies.
- Create in-depth communications on a range of subjects.
- Produce clear communications through a wide range of styles and formats, including formal speeches, PowerPoint presentations, blogs, videos, letters, articles, op-ed and bylined pieces, and social media channels.
- Tailor messages to serve the needs of different audiences, including employees, clients, media, social media, students, industry participants, and community organizations.
The successful candidate should have:
- Knowledge of Navy’s Correspondence Guide
- Attention to Detail is paramount
- Mastery level skills in the use and development of PowerPoint and other multimedia applications
- Ability to generate new and dynamic presentations properly scoped to different audiences
- Skill and ability to interface with senior level officials
- Understanding of Navy policies and regulations
- Ability to research multiple topics, such as major technical issues and research trends, and use that research to write speeches and create presentations that focus on specific topics to engage audiences.
- Experience drafting speeches and presentations specifically for customer; and producing complex, high-profile speeches, presentations, and communications for customer.
- Expert in Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, and Excel as well as with multimedia and social media applications required.
- Excellent communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills.
Must have include the following:
- Two to four year’s hands-on experience.
- An Active or Current DoD Secret Clearance.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in either Communications, English, Journalism, or related field required.
Serco Inc. (Serco) is the Americas division of Serco Group, plc. Serco serves every branch of the U.S. Military, numerous U.S. Federal Civilian Agencies, the Intelligence Community, the Government of Canada, State and Local Governments, and Commercial Clients. We help our clients deliver vital services more efficiently, while increasing the satisfaction of their end customers. Headquartered in Herndon, Virginia, Serco has approximately 6,000 employees with an annual revenue of $1 billion and is part of a $4 billion global business that helps transform government and public services around the world. At Serco, our employees are our most valuable asset, and our success directly relates to our employees. At Serco, we listen, respect and support our employees and through continuous training, development and information-sharing, we advance talent internally, enhancing career growth and progression which enables not only our employees to excel but enables our customers to excel as well. It is not just a job at Serco; at Serco, we offer career opportunities. We invite you to become part of our dynamic team. Serco”s people share a passion for delivering ethical service, innovation, and a commitment to results. We trust our people to deliver. Serco is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversifying its workforce (Race/ Color/ Sex/ Sexual Orientation/ Gender Identity/ Religion/ National Origin/ Disability/ Vets).
Learn more here
Job posted: 2020-06-05