Public Relations Vice President, Corporate Responsibility
JPMorgan Chase & Co. (NYSE: JPM) is a leading global financial services firm with assets of $2 trillion and operations in more than 60 countries. The firm is a leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers, small business and commercial banking, financial transaction processing, asset management, and private equity.
The Corporate Responsibility (CR) department is responsible for helping drive inclusive growth and engaging the communities that the firm serves around the world. Specifically, CR is developing goals, policies and initiatives that align with and support the firm’s business strategies and operational objectives to increase economic opportunity for all where we do business.
The CR department is comprised of Global Philanthropy, Global Government Relations, Public Policy, Public Affairs, Office of Nonprofit Engagement, Sustainable Finance, and the JPMorgan Chase Institute. The department also works closely with the firm’s major lines of business to ensure these efforts are deeply rooted in how the firm does business around the world.
The CR communications team is looking to fill the role of Senior Associate for Corporate Responsibility. This role will report to the Head of Corporate Responsibility Public Relations. This position will play a lead role in developing and executing public relations strategies to increase awareness of the firm’s contributions to our communities and maximize the value, reach and impact of the firm’s CR efforts externally around the world.
The Senior Associate is part of the Corporate Communications Team at JPMorgan Chase that primarily supports the firm’s Corporate Responsibility efforts. The role will create and execute strategic external communication activities for the firm’s JPMorgan Chase Institute, the firm’s global think tank, and global philanthropic activities including Small Business Forward and other initiatives that drive economic opportunity in cities. This position requires a seasoned communication professional who can think strategically and take a data-driven approach to communications.
This position reports to the Head of Public Relations for JPMorgan Chase Corporate Responsibility. Some domestic travel is required.
- Develop and execute strategic communication plans for the JPMorgan Chase Institute, Small Business Forward and other Corporate Responsibility initiatives, including overall project management of high profile announcements and initiatives, media outreach and relationship building, and supporting message and material development across internal communications, stakeholder engagement materials, marketing, social media content creation and impact measurement.
- Provide public relations support primarily as well as a variety of ongoing communication needs, including communications counsel, calendar development, briefing documents and talking points.
- Work closely with key internal and external partners, including internal lines of business and external grantees, to align communication objectives.
- Prepare and staff executives for media interviews and external stakeholder events.
- Support the PR and Strategic Communication teams to support other departmental priorities as needed.
Bachelor’s Degree – Journalism, Communications or other relevant degree focused on public policy and public affairs preferred.
- 8-10 years of public affairs or media relations experience required. Experience leading communications, including extensive media relations experience, for government, non-profit, think tanks, public relations agencies or data-driven research organizations.
- Excellent writing, media and communications skills.
- Outstanding interpersonal skills with a focus on an ability to collaborate.
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to multitask and prioritize high volume, high priority initiatives.
- Comfortable in fast-paced environment.
- Experience working with Microsoft Applications, SharePoint, media monitoring platforms, digital analytics and amplification platforms and social media platforms.
- Motivated self-starter, ability to work both independently and as a team member.
- PR agency, philanthropic and government experience a plus.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2019-09-29